FM Breakthrough on Elad FDM-S3

Moderator: NN4F

G0OFE

Re: FM Breakthrough on Elad FDM-S3

Unread post by G0OFE »

OK. so Sutton Coldfield TX is 13km away from you on a bearing of about 140 degrees. I think most front ends would be sweating profusely at this point! 🥵

This, according to FMSCan, is what you are likely to be receiving: https://fmscan.org/main.php?l=-1.958333 ... th=cannock

Looking at your spectrum, a quick look suggests it is clean without any overload, or signals where there shouldn't be. If that is the case, then that's a tribute to how relatively bombproof the S3 is. I'm trying to crunch the numbers to see how strong SC is above the noise, but you've done the scale in S units rather than dBm or dBuV lol. I think if my calcs are correct, R3 is 80-odd dB above the noise.

If FM breakthrough into other bands when the FM antenna is connected is the only problem you have, then you're doing pretty well. A physical antenna switch to switch it out when not needed is probably your best solution.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

so, not so "suddenly" after all.... you need to use a attenuator Dave.

Dave_G7WBH

Unread post by Dave_G7WBH »

Perhaps, just the final few words to say that I did report this to Elad just after my last post. To date, one month later, I have not had any reply.