TX-Output

Moderator: NN4F

robertschneider

TX-Output

Unread post by robertschneider »

Can anyone test if there is more than about 1.5 W Output possible?
Attachments
Screenshot-2021-10-31-201830.jpeg

robertschneider

Re: TX-Output

Unread post by robertschneider »

its a windows thing. the corresponding mixer"Microfone (FDM-DUO AUDIO V1.04)" was at 50%.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

robertschneider wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:30 pm its a windows thing. the corresponding mixer"Microfone (FDM-DUO AUDIO V1.04)" was at 50%.
That's the default setting when installed.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Max

Unread post by Max »

robertschneider wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:30 pm its a windows thing. the corresponding mixer"Microfone (FDM-DUO AUDIO V1.04)" was at 50%.
Hi Robert

Could you please explain what you mean (to a non-Duo owner)? What I see in the screenshot in the TX DSP panel is tones at nearly 100% amplitude and ALC at 100%+ so I would expect full power out. What was set at 50% in Windows and how would that affect the situation within SDRC when full level audio tones are reaching the TX audio input? Any chance of a screenshot of the relevant (incorrect) setting in Windows? Or is it something in the Duo software setup external to SDRC?

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Should have explained the reason I am asking is that I continue to see very low level power out on my HL2 on SSB even if I whistle into the mic with ALC showing 100% I only see about 1.5W when I expect to see a full 5W. I wondered if it's related somehow?

Thanks

Max

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

This is one possibility

settings->sound
On the right "Sound Control Panel".
Recording tab
Select your input device
Properties
Levels tab

Make sure it is set to full on.
Under custom you might want to untick "AGC".

{^_^}

Simon G4ELI

Max wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:37 pm Should have explained the reason I am asking is that I continue to see very low level power out on my HL2 on SSB even if I whistle into the mic with ALC showing 100% I only see about 1.5W when I expect to see a full 5W. I wondered if it's related somehow?

Thanks

Max
Max,

The DUO uses a VAC (virtual audio cable) to send the transmit IQ and the default setting after installation has the Level at 50%, similar to my attachment.

Start a new thread for the HL2, we'll find the problem.
Attachments
LineLevel.jpg
www.sdr-radio.com

Max

Unread post by Max »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:10 am Max,

The DUO uses a VAC (virtual audio cable) to send the transmit IQ and the default setting after installation has the Level at 50%, similar to my attachment.

Start a new thread for the HL2, we'll find the problem.
OK thanks Simon. I will make sure that I am actually not seeing a self-made problem before I post a new thread.

The bit I could not figure from Robert's screenshot was that in the TX DSP panel, it clearly shows ALC at 100% plus, and yet only 1W TX power. If ALC it "flatlining", does that not mean that max audio drive (via IQ) is begin applied inside SDRC? With Drive max, and ALC 100%, how can there still be low power? Or is the actual drive to the TX (IQ signal?) applied after where the ALC indicator is driven from?

I think I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the TX DSP meters are actually showing and how the TX audio is processed inside SDRC.

Out of interest, did you happen to see this post by Nicolas F4INE a while back. I think it was when you had Covid so you might have missed it but would be interested in your comments, maybe best made on that thread?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=818

Max

Simon G4ELI

Max,

The DUA is different to HL2. The IQ is sent to DUO via a VAC installed with the DUO drivers. By default this VAC's gain is set to 50% or 60%, we require 100%.
www.sdr-radio.com