Weird things happening

Moderator: NN4F

N2EIK

Weird things happening

Unread post by N2EIK »

This is getting kind of frustrating. Just when everything (phone, cw or wsjt) seems to work fine.... the next time I open console and wsjt I cant get wsjt to send full audio to console, just a few miliwatts come out. I start checking my audio settings on all and then somewhat "magicly" wsjt sends full audio. If I shut down wsjt for a moment I have to go through the whole process again. This morning wsjt would make console crash as soo as I hit "tune" on wsjt and I have to close all programs and reboot the FDM-Duo and restart.
What the heck is going on?

jdow

Re: Weird things happening

Unread post by jdow »

I get the impression from comments around here that the order in which you start the programs involved makes a difference.
{^_^}

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

N2EIK wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 am This is getting kind of frustrating. Just when everything (phone, cw or wsjt) seems to work fine.... the next time I open console and wsjt I cant get wsjt to send full audio to console, just a few miliwatts come out. I start checking my audio settings on all and then somewhat "magicly" wsjt sends full audio. If I shut down wsjt for a moment I have to go through the whole process again. This morning wsjt would make console crash as soo as I hit "tune" on wsjt and I have to close all programs and reboot the FDM-Duo and restart.
What the heck is going on?
Screenshots of Console (not WSJT) would help, especially when the output is low. Make sure the TX panel is visible.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

Screenshots. Will work with these settings. When it stops working I have to uncheck and re-check, sometimes several times, then it will work and the settings are right back where I started.

Simon G4ELI

Ah,

I'm using that soundcard - you should send the audio to Console via a VAC.
www.sdr-radio.com

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

Well that didnt work the way we planned.....
I had a VAC line that I used to use for MARS, so I tried it and got this weird output (see the pic with both sidebands (???), so I went back to my prior config and still goit the bad output. rebooting did nothing but I can switch to SW2 and it works perfectly(see second pic). Not sure what happened or how to correct it.

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

Got it working again.. well the way it was working prior. click-unclick-click-unclick...
Beats the crap outta me whats going on. My issue really is interfacing third party software... WSJT-X. The process should not be this frustrating. Settings should not have to be set and re-set. I really want console to be my #1 software but it's wearing me down.

Simon G4ELI

For goodness sake - do NOT cut up screenshots, you remove a lot of important information.

So, please post again and show the whole image otherwise I cannot help you.

Read This
You CANNOT send direct to the FDM-DUO soundcard, you MUST send the data into Console, the screenshot will show me what you are doing.
www.sdr-radio.com

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

Simon,
SUCCESS!!!! I had to un-install VAC and re-install. My original install ed VAC was corrupt??? I Created two new VAC's, to and from console. That worked and not only that, this morning I powered everything up and didnt have to do a darn thing, WSJT-X worked first time.
Yes, VAC is a must-do! My apologizes for getting frustrated and many thanks for helping.

Simon G4ELI

N2EIK wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:49 am Simon,
SUCCESS!!!! I had to un-install VAC and re-install. My original install ed VAC was corrupt??? I Created two new VAC's, to and from console. That worked and not only that, this morning I powered everything up and didnt have to do a darn thing, WSJT-X worked first time.
Yes, VAC is a must-do! My apologizes for getting frustrated and many thanks for helping.
here to help :)
www.sdr-radio.com