cwtype/msrp40

Moderator: NN4F

Simon G4ELI

Re: cwtype/msrp40

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

N2EIK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:36 pm Simon,
I think I have all the bugs worked out. Just had a short qso on 30mtr using mrp40. Flawless, good sig report. I think I like mrp40 better than cwget/type for the following reasons; (1) one unified program. (2) very good decoding.
The down side: I can not use a key/paddle with it. keyboard send and receive sort of take the fun out of cw...BUT... I have other rigs for that ;)
Good - I see it's quite pricy :( .
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

N2EIK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:38 pm Reduce what levels? There isnt a way (that I know of) to reduce the signal coming out of mrp40... Assuming thas the issue. I can look at the VAC line while mrp40 is sending, the VAC line is at max the full cycle. No internal software settings on mrp40 that I can see.
Looking at the waveform the output is a bit 'square' for my liking, I prefer more of a raised cosine.

Anyway, use the Gain control to reduce the level, do not use Proc with CW - this will apply a rather heavy compander.

There's not much I can do to soften the waveform other than to write my own CW software, something I would like to do, adding AI to the decode.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

4X1RV

Unread post by 4X1RV »

Hi
In CWType you have (in setup,sound) Rise/Decay time. Check and adjust...