cwtype/msrp40

Moderator: NN4F

N2EIK

cwtype/msrp40

Unread post by N2EIK »

cwtype:
It apears to add "extra" characters then ends abruptly. I just sent (to a dummy load at very low power) a series of V's 3 V's were ok, 4 v's ok, 5 v's came out VVV-didididahdit. cq cq cq de n2eik came out as "cq cq several dits and dahs"

MSRP40:
I get pops akin to keyclicks. The monitored waveform is flattopped, as though msrp40 is outputting too high of an amplitude. Reducing the levels on the pc (vac line) or console transmit input have no effect on the pops.
Audio from cwtype TO the fdm-duo is through a VAC (virtual Audio Cable) to "SDR-Console"(Simon Brown)
Signal (IQ) fed to fdm-duo via USB.

I have used the duo with Phone, no issues, WSJT-X, no issues and I used to use with Military proprietary digital encryption software for MARS operations(mars was with SW2), all through VAC's..

Simon G4ELI

Re: cwtype/msrp40

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

:(

Absolutely no screenshots !!!
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

Im not sure exactly what shots you need or want. I am not sure if its a console issue, a pc issue or a thrid party issue, so here goes;

Simon G4ELI

Hi,

1) Thanks for the screenshots.
2) Please add screenshots as attachments, this way they are archived here, not on another server.
3) NEVER cut up screenshots. I want to see EVERYTHING!

The screenshot I've copied here shows a clean signal sent via the VAC, so if console is getting a clean signal in and the TX isn't good then I think it can only be the VOX. There is a bug somewhere in the VOX, if it transitions too quickly it can leave the rig in RX even though it thinks it's in TX. PITA I know, it's on my list for December.

So increase VOX and see how it goes.

ETA: do not try to switch the DUO via a serial port from another program. I have no idea why you have a COM port configured with your CW software, this adds to my confusion.
Attachments
Clean signal
Clean signal
www.sdr-radio.com

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

No com port selected. Disable ptt is checked.
Here is an interesting thing. Sergei emailed me back with a suggestion on cwtype. I made VAC3 with his recommendations and
I set the VAC and cwtype sampoling rate to 11025 and now the full string is transmitted.....but.... I cant use vox on sdr-console for some reason console will stop sending after a few characters (but cwtype is still sending, different from before)... Console will send all if I manualy click TX on console and bypass vox. Inconvenient but at least we are making progress.
screenshots to come. A full screenshot?.. I use three monitors. Hmmmm(scratches head)

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

I do not see an icon on forum to add attachment

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

VOX problem solved. Had to increase vox hang. So now my only issue is MRP40... I like it better that cwtype/get, so if I could work out that clipping audio issue I would use it. If it cant be worked out then I go with CWtype/get. I suspect its an issue with MSP40, no way to attenuate the audio sig going to VAC.

Simon G4ELI

Reduce the levels, good luck!
www.sdr-radio.com

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

Reduce what levels? There isnt a way (that I know of) to reduce the signal coming out of mrp40... Assuming thas the issue. I can look at the VAC line while mrp40 is sending, the VAC line is at max the full cycle. No internal software settings on mrp40 that I can see.

N2EIK

Unread post by N2EIK »

Simon,
I think I have all the bugs worked out. Just had a short qso on 30mtr using mrp40. Flawless, good sig report. I think I like mrp40 better than cwget/type for the following reasons; (1) one unified program. (2) very good decoding.
The down side: I can not use a key/paddle with it. keyboard send and receive sort of take the fun out of cw...BUT... I have other rigs for that ;)