Strange Start Behavior

Moderator: NN4F

N7JRJ

Strange Start Behavior

Unread post by N7JRJ »

First, I'm loving the integration between the ELAD FDM-DUO / DUO-ART 120 and SDR Console. I've completely configured console to use my combo of Log4OM, WSJTX, and associated utilities, all is working fine.

My problem occurs when starting SDR Console. After selecting the FDM-DUO trx, using any bandwidth, and then selecting start, I experience a 40 second delay (feels like a hang) before console "wakes up" and operates normally thereafter. The particulars of my configuration: The DUO is operating latest firmware (UI: 04.87, FGA:02.00, USB: 04.09, RX: 01.51 TX: 01.36). My station PC is an AMD Ryzen 5 based Motherboard/CPU with 16GB of RAM running Windows 10 Professional and is on current release (version 20H2, OS build 19042.746). This is a stock Windows 10 config, I’m using Microsoft Defender as my antivirus. I experience this same delay when starting SW2.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, and am curious whether this might be due to my AMD CPU?

73's,

J.R., N7JRJ

Simon G4ELI

Re: Strange Start Behavior

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

40 seconds is a long time. When you start the latest firmware is always loaded, but this shouldn't take 40 seconds.

What happens if the DUO ART is not connected - how long then?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

N7JRJ

Re: Strange Start Behavior

Unread post by N7JRJ »

Simon-

Great question. I removed the Ext I/O cable and experienced the same 45-second startup delay. I then reconnected the old computer (Intel-based Lenovo laptop) and had a nearly instantaneous start, both with Ext I/O removed and installed.

Cheers,

J.R., N7JRJ

N7JRJ

Re: Strange Start Behavior (Resolved)

Unread post by N7JRJ »

I've been able to resolve the delay. My ELAD was plugged into an external USB C Hub. While troubleshooting I plugged the RX port into a motherboard USB connector and now get a nearly instantaneous response. The joy of USB...

Cheers,

J.R., N7JRJ