Settings: PowerSDR -> SDR Console

scalak

Re: Settings: PowerSDR -> SDR Console

Unread post by scalak »

Thank you to MAX for taking up the topic. Maybe Simon will add that functionality. The program is great, unfortunately my hardware version is not fully compatible with this software. I don't think it is a design flaw because PowerSDR supports my equipment properly.

Max

Unread post by Max »

scalak wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:18 pm Thank you to MAX for taking up the topic. Maybe Simon will add that functionality. The program is great, unfortunately my hardware version is not fully compatible with this software. I don't think it is a design flaw because PowerSDR supports my equipment properly.
My guess is that PowerSDR does indeed mute the mic or IQ in software when not in TX mode. However, I don't see the need to do that if the HL2 gateware handles the situation correctly. In fact because of the tools provided by SDR Console (ability to monitor TX audio chain when in RX mode - very useful) it would be better not to mute the audio-in when in RX. I guess it could be added as a "tick-box" option, but never heard of a need for it so far with any other hardware.

Yes, HL2 permits full duplex when in TX mode, but why leave TX chain "live" when in RX mode? Surely in the Gateware written by EU1SW, he needs to mute the TX IQ input when in RX mode as I imagine is the case with original HL2 gateware? Maybe this is the issue that needs correction? I think it may be worth asking him why he has chosen not to? I'm no expert at all. But I can say original HL2 does not have this issue so I do not see why your version should not be exactly the same?

It looks like an interesting design. I will be doing some research into this version myself. Did you self-build or are these available as pre-built or semi-built?

Max

scalak

Unread post by scalak »

Details about the project:
Anton Telegram Channel (Lin00bs) - https://t.me/hermes_lite2

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I wonder what the HL's and SDRC vox settings are. It sounds like he has vox sensitivity way to high and anti-vox set way too low.
{o.o}

scalak

Unread post by scalak »

I've tried everything in the program settings and only the mute mic while the RX fixes the problem. I am a bit sad because SDRC suited me the best. It's a pity because the group of users of my version is growing rapidly - we are left with PowerSDR.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I wonder if your configuration creates an audio feedback loop completely within the computer. Something in your configuration is likely messed up. That's a possibility when playing with computer audio. (I can't do Telegram. They won't let me sign up without a smart phone; and, I do not have one yet. I've no use case to spend the money.)

It is also possible you have some form of hardware PTT connection to the HL2 that is creating the appearance of feedback.

One leaves the transmit side running as a means of preventing objectionable startup glitches and delays. You might be facing left over VOX settings within the HL2 if you are using its microphone input. A system block diagram might help. Lacking that I have no suggestions for you. Maybe Simon will appear with some suggestions.

{^_^}