HL2 TX meters issue

G8VLR

HL2 TX meters issue

Unread post by G8VLR »

Hi All,

After a 3 month hiatus, I now have my HL2 connected directly to the router and all is good with SDRc 3.1 except the tx meters. Only ALC functions with all the others not reading at all.

Any help appreciated.

Roger (G8VLR)

Max

Re: HL2 TX meters issue

Unread post by Max »

Hi Roger

Have you got power out as confirmed by an external power meter? This behaviour sounds like the PA is not generating power?

If that's the case maybe you have PA disabled?
PA.JPG
Max

G8VLR

Unread post by G8VLR »

Hi Max,

Yes the PA box is checked and an external power meter shows about 4 Watts.

Cheers,

Roger.

Max

Unread post by Max »

That's very odd. Can't explain that one. Can you please post a full unedited screenshot here of it in exactly that condition? So SDRC in TX (Tune mode maybe best option for clarity) and taken at the same time as you have full 4 Watts indicated on the external meter?

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

G8VLR wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:06 pm Hi All,

After a 3 month hiatus, I now have my HL2 connected directly to the router and all is good with SDRc 3.1 except the tx meters. Only ALC functions with all the others not reading at all.

Any help appreciated.

Roger (G8VLR)
Roger,

If only ALC is shown then that's all the info I have. As Max, said, post a screenshot.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G8VLR

Unread post by G8VLR »

Hi all, sorry for the delay. Here's a screenshot:
Attachments
HL2 no tx meters 16.08.21.jpg

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi Peter

Image not found (for me anyway). I think it may have the incorrect permissions set.

Anyway, it's better to just attach it directly to the forum message rather than post it via a link to Google as I don't think it can be viewed by those members with no Google account?

Click "Full Editor & Preview" button below the message window, then press "Attachments" on lower left of screen (you will need to scroll down to see it) then press the "Add files" button.

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

G8VLR wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:17 pm Hi all, sorry for the delay. Here's a screenshot:
Hi All,

This is an odd bug I can't track down - the HL2 (and other radio) support should tell the main windows which TX meters to display, with you it's just not happening.

This is a bug, it's not you :) . I'll look at this tomorrow morning with a fresh brain...
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G8VLR

Unread post by G8VLR »

Thanks Simon and Max and Max I was trying to link from google photos and then just dragged and dropped it straight onto the forum post.

Max

Unread post by Max »

OK, trying to reproduce issue (without any luck) but now I've got something odd going on with the meters. Just realised that will SDRC at idle and no SDR started, I see the same TX meters in the TX DSP as you Roger. But once HL2 is running, the meters change and I lose the two meters "Drive" and "VDD". I'm not sure they are of use in HL2 anyway are they?

A clue perhaps Simon? See attached screenshot of what my "normal" looks like compared to Roger.

Max
Attachments
Screenshot-2021-08-16-233327.jpeg