HL2 + audio setting

Livio Livius

HL2 + audio setting

Unread post by Livio Livius »

I have always been HL2 working with Spark SDR. Now running SDRC 3.1 with HL2 together with WSJT-X and all working fine. One thing I cannot figure out is how to hear WSJT-X over the pc speaker. I have now RX set to VB-Audio virtual cable. If I change this to speakers or default I do not receive anything in WSJT-X (nothing shown on the left dB bar).
Is there any solution?

Max

Re: HL2 + audio setting

Unread post by Max »

Livio Livius wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:59 pm I have always been HL2 working with Spark SDR. Now running SDRC 3.1 with HL2 together with WSJT-X and all working fine. One thing I cannot figure out is how to hear WSJT-X over the pc speaker. I have now RX set to VB-Audio virtual cable. If I change this to speakers or default I do not receive anything in WSJT-X (nothing shown on the left dB bar).
Is there any solution?
Press Windows Key + R at the same time to bring up the Windows "Run" dialogue

Enter the following text into the "Run" box then hit return:

mmsys.cpl

This brings up "Audio Devices" panel (see attached picture at bottom of this message)

Select "Recording" tab

Find "VB Audio" in the list of devices and double click it (or select it then press "Properties")

In the VB-Audio Properties box that comes up, select "Listen" tab.

Select tick box "Listen to this device" and select your preferred playback device (Speakers?).

Press OK.

You can now select VB-Audio as the destination in SDRC RX Audio DSP drop-down box, but you will be able to hear the VB-Audio "contents".

Hope it helps.

Max
Monitor Audio.jpg