Settings: PowerSDR -> SDR Console

scalak

Settings: PowerSDR -> SDR Console

Unread post by scalak »

I have a Hermes Lite 2 by EU1SW. I have a screenshot of the settings in PowerSDR, how to set it correctly in SDR Console?
s-l5010.png

scalak

Re: Settings: PowerSDR -> SDR Console

Unread post by scalak »

ok, you managed to set up the program correctly - great program, congratulations Simon

Simon, could you add an auto mute mic option during the RX? Because my HL version requires it to work properly.
automutemic.jpg
Thank you

Max

Unread post by Max »

scalak wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:43 pm Simon, could you add an auto mute mic option during the RX? Because my HL version requires it to work properly.

Thank you
Out of interest, just intrigued to know the need for Auto-mute on mic? I have HL2 and have not needed it. Just trying to think why it's necessary?

Max

scalak

Unread post by scalak »

Max is already showing what's going on. Here you have the link to the video VIDEO Everything passes when I have a microphone mute during the RX. Perhaps this is some software incompatibility for my HL, but such a MUTE would solve my problem. The problem is not in PowerSDR, Thetis ..... but I like SDR Console better.

Max

Unread post by Max »

scalak wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:26 am Here you have the link to the video VIDEO Everything passes when I have a microphone mute during the RX. Perhaps this is some software incompatibility for my HL, but such a MUTE would solve my problem. The problem is not in PowerSDR, Thetis ..... but I like SDR Console better.
I don't understand this and I really don't know what that video is demonstrating at all? Never seen behaviour like that on HL2. This has to be a fault of some sort.

Is this an official HL2 build from MakerFabs, or a clone of some sort?

Can you please attach a full screenshot of SDRC when it is in this problem condition? Select the "Home" tab in the ribbon bar. Show both RX DSP and TX DSP panels and do not crop or edit the shot.

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Max

scalak

Unread post by scalak »

My version is different from MakerFabs, I am attaching photos. As I mentioned in PowerSDR everything works fine. When I'm at home I'll take a screenshot.
s-l1606.jpg
s-l1605.jpg
As I mentioned the auto mute mic during the RX would solve my problem.

scalak

Unread post by scalak »

Screenshot-2022-10-22-192002.jpeg

Max

Unread post by Max »

scalak wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:41 pm My version is different from MakerFabs, I am attaching photos. As I mentioned in PowerSDR everything works fine. When I'm at home I'll take a screenshot.

As I mentioned the auto mute mic during the RX would solve my problem.
So to be clear, when you mute the mic this problem goes away, so with the mic muted you do not see the spurious signal?

That makes no sense to me unless perhaos an audio input to the TX audio in is generating a spurious signal inside the HL2 hardware even when in receive? I can say for sure that this is not the normal behaviour of a normal HL2.

Also I can see that there seems to be a speaker in the PA unit. Does this version of the HL2 incorporate features from the HL2Plus (the version with built-in speaker and mic socket on the HL2 unit)?

Also. gateware shows 32.6 but for the normal HL2, gateware is version 73.2? I guess this means that EU1SW has written custom firmware for his version?

Max

scalak

Unread post by scalak »

With the microphone muted, I do not see a false signal.
This version has a built-in loudspeaker, headphone and microphone input. In PowerSDR these sockets work properly, with SDR Console they do not work. I do not care about the operation of these inputs because I use a sound card from a computer. I'm sure SDR Console doesn't properly support my EU1SW version but for me it's acceptable with auto mute mic.

Max

Unread post by Max »

So after a little research I can see this is not actually the HL2, but a 14bit design that is based on the HL2. I think it started life as a receiver only?

However, unfortunately I have no idea why you are seeing this issue. It still looks to me that with the mic connected or audio at TX mic-in that the HL2 is generating a low level TX signal that is being picked up on the receiver. This does seem like a design flaw to me, but maybe I am misunderstanding how this version works.

But don't think I ever saw a transceiver before where mic input needs to be muted during RX! Maybe I am wrong. Others perhaps can comment?

I'm not sure that Simon will offer a modification for the very small number of this variant that exist. Don't want to speak for Simon though. Perhaps he will comment.

Max