HL2 in another net

Simon G4ELI

Re: HL2 in another net

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

BengtM wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:04 pm Thanks for your effort Simon. I will try to find a solution in some way...
I'll post a kit tomorrow which also searches the 10.0.x.x subnet, maybe this is the solution.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

BengtM

Unread post by BengtM »

Ok, I guess it's the search that fails since it's in another sub-net. When I place it in the 192.168.. network, SDRC finds it with search. Then I move the HL2 to the 10.0.. network and change the IP address SDRC. Then everything seems to function :) . So an option like Ingolf suggested in

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=503

would it be possible ?

73/Bengt
HL2.PNG

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Try the kit I posted today.

Why is your subnet 10.0.x.x - what's the reason for this? If 10.0.x.x. is a standard then I do understand that it should be searched as a default.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:41 pm
Not sure about that - my problem is that you can only broadcast inside a subnet, I've updated the code to also send to 10.0.x.x but doubt that'll help.
You can get the network configuration for all the Ethernet ports in your system. If you want I can find some code that would be a starting point. (It was early XP code. I expect better facilities are available now.)

{^_^}

BengtM

Unread post by BengtM »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:18 pm Try the kit I posted today.

Why is your subnet 10.0.x.x - what's the reason for this? If 10.0.x.x. is a standard then I do understand that it should be searched as a default.
Ok, will check the new kit. The reason for having a "2nd" network like the 10.0.x.x is that it's a shared common network with some other friends also interested in SDRs etc. I have access to the network directly also but it's convenient to access it from my home network where I have most of my connected things already. And from a security point of view I have the firewall etc.

So this is probably not a normal setup...

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Actually the unrouted network you are using is the 10.x.x.x network. So if Simon searches it specifically he should search the whole thing. He still should ask the computer what each interface thinks it's address range is. That's more useful. For example here the main network is in the 192.168.x.y class C network range but I am using four adjacent class C subnets with only a small range of them forwarded to the internet. (A bunch of video cameras are on the network and they seem to try to "call home" which I flat out do not allow.)

{^_-}