HL2 PTT issue

G8VLR

HL2 PTT issue

Unread post by G8VLR »

Hi all, First let me thank Simon for all the hard work in 3.0.26! Now to my issue, which may not be an SDRc issue. I now have a foot switch to change over from rx to tx. The first time I transmit after switching on HL2 The rx audio is muted and the slider moves to zero. It remains muted with slider at zero when going back to rx. There after, having unmuted and returning the slider to it's usual position it works as it should. I wonder if anyone is having similar issues?

Season's greetings,

Roger.

Simon G4ELI

Re: HL2 PTT issue

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Foot switch connected to USB UART?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G8VLR

Unread post by G8VLR »

No Simon, I'm just grounding the ptt via the Key/ Ptt socket on the Hermes.

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi Roger & Simon

I just tried this. I don't have a footswitch but I do have access to the PTT line on the HL2 via a patch lead. I see exactly same as you do. The first attempt at PTT after starting the HL2 results in audio level slider on the RX DSP panel being dragged to zero, and the speaker "mute" being activated. Subsequent applications of PTT (after manual reset of "mute" button and volume slider) do not do either of these things, just an audible mute as is the case with a manual press of the large "TX" button on the main TX panel.

For info I am running latest stable Gateware on the HL2. 72p8, standard TX version.

Best

Max

G8VLR

Unread post by G8VLR »

Hi Max,
Excuse my ignorance but I'm trying to find the download link for hl2b5up_main.rbf but going to the link above I can see a number of files but not the .rbf file.

Thanks for any help.

Roger. (G8VLR)

G8VLR

Unread post by G8VLR »

Found it!

Cheers,

Roger.

G8VLR

Unread post by G8VLR »

I'm now using a USB to TTL interface for PTT as per this thread: viewtopic.php?f=64&p=3183#p3183

Works a treat! Many thanks to Keith GU6EFB.

Max

Unread post by Max »

Apologies Roger. Somehow I missed your request few days back but glad to see you found it. Also that the issue is fixed for you by using the USB interface.

Just for Simon's info, I am running latest 3.0.27 and also latest Gateware 72p8. I still see the issue that Roger first described. Prefer it to be fixed "native" if possible as I don't have any real need for remote operation at this time and to have the HL2 PTT jack functioning correctly would be handy. Let me know what I can send to be useful in analysis?

Many thanks

Max

G8VLR wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:41 pm Hi Max,
Excuse my ignorance but I'm trying to find the download link for hl2b5up_main.rbf

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Max,

Should be easy to fix...
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Max

Unread post by Max »

Many thanks Simon. Let me know if you need anything re: logs etc.

Max