Lime-Mini TX and SDR-Console V3.0.25

G4SDG

Lime-Mini TX and SDR-Console V3.0.25

Unread post by G4SDG »

Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the Lime-Mini transmit and SDR-Console v3.0.25 64bit? Mine will transmit once but then when I click on the "Transmit" button again nothing happens. The receive carries on functioning and I can see the microphone audio bar moving when I speak but there's no RF. I have to stop and restart the Lime on SDR-Console but then it again only transmits once. "Tone", "Tune" and SSB seem to act in the same manner. I've rolled back to 3.0.19 (unfortunately the last download version I have on file - when will I learn!) and that works OK. Before upgrading to v3.0.25 I had been happily running 3.0.23 but never upgraded to 3.0.24 is it apparently already had a known Lime transmit problem. I've checked the Lime's firmware and according to the latest version of LimeSuite it's showing FW:6 HW:2 Protocol:1 GW:1.28 with no conflict. My PC is an Intel 8th Gen NUC i7-8559U 2.7GHz with 32Gb.

Chris G4SDG

Simon G4ELI

Re: Lime-Mini TX and SDR-Console V3.0.25

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

This is a known problem, something I've been putting off but must resolve soon.

Please add screenshots, helps a great deal.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Dennis KA9YTO

Unread post by Dennis KA9YTO »

Hi Simon,

Not sure exactly what issue(s) G4SDG was referring to in the previous message, but I do have one issue to report when using the Lime Mini. The full screenshot from SDRC is attached, but it does not clearly show the issue. So I attached a second smaller screenshot image which better shows the problem.
Radio Options
Radio Options
In the Radio Options on left edge of the SDRC Main window, when you click on any of the drop-down menus (circled in blue) ... all you see displayed is a narrow vertical bar on left where the green circle is shown. The drop-down menu selections seem to be intact on that bar since you can "blindly' select valid entries from the list.

Thank you for a GREAT SDR application!

Dennis KA9YTO
Attachments
Full SDRC Screenshot
Full SDRC Screenshot

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Silly question - What happens if you pull the whole Receive "task bar" wider and then try the drop down?

{^_^}

Dennis KA9YTO

Widening the Receive window as well as undocking and even fully expanding it still leaves all the buttons and drop-down menus at exactly the same size and position ... i.e. fixed/referenced/registered to the left edge of the Receive window. The only controls that actively and noticeably resize/readjust within the Receive window are the Audio Spectrum graph and IF Display waterfall.

Which reminds me on that topic ... there are times I would like to be able to either manually (or have SDRC automatically) readjust the dimensions of the columns and rows of the matrix layout in the Mode and Filter selections when the Receive window is widened to help shorten up the overall height of the full Receive window ... since the receive Options (e.g. Noise, Notch, Squelch, etc.) I usually want/like to tinker with the most are always located at the bottom of the Receive window. And when you scroll your way down there, the (only) current frequency readout display at the top is the first thing to disappear.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

pls have a look what happens when you use a alternate Identity.
73, PD3LK

Dennis KA9YTO

PD3LK, I am not entirely sure which of the two comments/points you focusing on here with the suggestion to use an alternate Identity. So I will address both.

I created a new (additional) Identity and then assigned/defined the Lime Mini as the only radio there to see if that made any difference with the operation of the drop-down menus in the Receive window. The outcome was the same as before regarding these drop-down menus ... there is still just the narrow bar shown at the left edge when each are opened/activated. So no change there.

BTW: In the Radio Definitions 'Search' drop-down listing, the 'LimeSDR' reference is showing up twice within the listing. (screenshot attached) I tried each/both and there doesn't seem to be any difference between them. (FYI: I don't know if this listing is picking up any of the SDR devices defined in the Main/Primary Identity (I wouldn't think so). In my Mail Identity the Lime Mini is defined there twice ... once under/as USB3 and once under/as USB2.)

Regarding the second point about the overall Receive window layout, the order the individual option controls are in, and the ability to adjust the layout of the button matrix for the Mode and Filter groups ... that all remains the same in the new Identity. Just to be clear regarding that comment/point, everything is working there ... my comment about it was simply that I was just looking for more flexibility with how and where things are displayed within each. So that had to do with organization/layout, not functionality.

Dennis KA9YTO
Attachments
Radio Definitions 2020-10-11_15-26-34.jpg

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi, i ment the first issue, with the drop down menu. I don't have a Lime but last year i had a strange issue too with the RX DSP window, only under the Main Identity and caused by a fault in the Registry. It was solved after cleening the SDRC registry settings and reinstalling SDRC.

hb9fbk

Unread post by hb9fbk »

Hi everyone, I'm Flavio,
I am new to the forum and just registered.

I have read Chris G4SDG's message and I can say that I have the same problem.
In my case, after starting the program (v.3.0.25 64bit) the first transmission comes on the correct frequency and from the second transmission it transmits +500 KHz ...
examples: first transmission 144.300 MHz -> starting from the second 144.800 MHz. .. reception remains unchanged 144.300 MHz.
Limesuit: LimeSDR-Mini FW: 6 HW: 2 Protocol: 1 GW: 1.30 Ref Clk: 40.00 MHz, no conflict.
PC: HP Pavilion Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30 GHZ 1.50 GHZ, 16GB.

Flavio HB9FBK

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Starting this today / tomorrow. Stay tuned...
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!