Changed USB processing, FIFO and remote thread priorities on Linux systems
Fixed null pointer dereferences in StreamChannel write/read functions
Added option to configure data link format from API
TDD mode registers are reset after initialization on LimeSDR-Core boards
Changed default Common Control Signal value for most boards
Changed LMS_Init to tune SXR/SXT PLL’s
Changed LMS_Init to calibrate Tx frontend IAMP gain
Updated SXR/SXT MCU tune algorithm to match host
Added optional gain behavior where TIA/IAMP gain elements are removed from available gain range
Improved spurious USB transfer handling
LimeSuiteGUI

Fixed an issue of file close not being called in FFTviewer
Fixed compilation for wxWidgets STL
SoapyLMS

Updated linkFormat stream option so it changes link format in LimeSuite library
Other changes

Added LimeSuite library information to QuickTest
Added CMake option to enable optional gain behavior
Notes

There is a new optional gain behaviour that can be configured via cmake option ENABLE_NEW_GAIN_BEHAVIOUR, which addresses issues whereby calibration can fail due to gains being set too low. This removes TIA/IAMP gain elements and instead the library takes care of setting these. This behaviour is likely to become the default with a future release, but there may be further optimisation required and so this is presently “opt-in”. We’re obviously keen to hear feedback from use of this option.

MCU firmware has been updated to address SX* tune failure error.

Thread priority setting changes should improve performance for timing sensitive applications, e.g. LTE eNodeB. However, the application will need to be run with sufficient privileges to benefit from this.

Available via GitHub:

GitHub 2

Release v20.10.0 · myriadrf/LimeSuite 2
Lime Suite v20.10.0

Updated Ubuntu packages via the PPA:

Launchpad 1

SDR Drivers : “Myriad-RF” team 1
This PPA contains various SDR hardware drivers and is maintained by the Myriad-RF Packaging project. For more details see: https://myriadrf.org/projects/packaging/

Simon G4ELI

Re: New Lime Suite 20.10 release

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Lime's next on the list, starts tomorrow. Been distracted today.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

wa4six

Unread post by wa4six »

I just figured the new suite could make it easier or harder. Not sure which it will be.
LimeSDR-USB is working very well on HF & no glitches that I can find with my bumbling fingers. Did some 6M & 2M SSB this morning & it seemed like I had one of them $3K rigs.
Everything is working well with the FT-857D PA/filter board & one of those 100 kHz to 3GHz 3W driver amps, controlled by an arduino.

Thank you, Simon

Ed

sm6fhz

Unread post by sm6fhz »

GM Simon.
While you are plunging into the Lime code it would be neat if you could add an indication showing the Rx and Tx-channel that is presently active (Rx1/Rx2 and Tx1/Tx2) adjacent to the LNAL, LNAW etc and Tx Band1, Tx-Band2 buttons.
The active Rx-channel is shown lower in the pane indicating the temperature (Rx1 or Rx2), so the flag ought to be there already.
Just a small indication adjacent to the present buttons where you chose LNA and Tx-Band would be very usable.
See attached screenshot.
I can make a separate post in the "Feature" box if you think that is appropriate.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ
Attachments
Screenshot-2020-11-02-073131.png

sm6fhz

Unread post by sm6fhz »

Hi Simon.
I just discovered a suspected bug in the Lime USB Tx function.
When pressing the "Tune" button there is no signal out from the Lime USB until a minor frequency change is done. A 1 Hz change is enough to get a Tx-signal out from the Lime.
The function is the same for both Half Duplex and Full Duplex.
See attached screenshots from listening to the Lime transmission with a Pluto instance as well as the Lime instance while transmitting.
Note; The internal leakage inside the Lime is NOT affected by this, only the output signal at the external Tx-port.
Maybe something to look for while in the Lime code.
I can post a separate bug posting if you find that desirable.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ
Attachments
Screenshot-2020-11-02-112402.png
Screenshot-2020-11-02-112336.png
Screenshot-2020-11-02-111722.png
Screenshot-2020-11-02-111700.png

Simon G4ELI

About to start this now, with luck we'll get this all sorted by the end of the week.
www.sdr-radio.com

jmt

Unread post by jmt »

I downloaded latest Lime Suite and my Lime Mini got dead after getting in the middle of the job while trying to update using Lime Suite, Modules, Progarmming, Automatic.
I had to use an old version of Lime Suite to be able to get my Mini back to life. It passes yhe Quick Test with all four test in a nice green color, but Console v3.0.25 build from September is unable to work with my Mini.
I posted this problem at the Test Team email address, and Simon told me to look for my new kit at the forum. So I just registered but I can't find my kit.
I need some help.
Thanks.

Simon G4ELI

jmt wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:09 pm I downloaded latest Lime Suite and my Lime Mini got dead after getting in the middle of the job while trying to update using Lime Suite, Modules, Progarmming, Automatic.
I had to use an old version of Lime Suite to be able to get my Mini back to life. It passes yhe Quick Test with all four test in a nice green color, but Console v3.0.25 build from September is unable to work with my Mini.
I posted this problem at the Test Team email address, and Simon told me to look for my new kit at the forum. So I just registered but I can't find my kit.
I need some help.
Thanks.
You're now in the test team, you'll see the test team forums.
www.sdr-radio.com

jmt

Unread post by jmt »

Got it.
My Mini is noe working like a charm with v3.0.26, build from Dec. 1st.
Very happy.
Many thanks!

Dean

Unread post by Dean »

Is there a particular gateware version we should be using with the Lime USB and Console version 3.0.25?
I picked up that laptop I mentioned in the "computer talk" area and I'm trying to work through an issue. When I select the Lime more times than not I get no FFT, no sound etc.. I have stop it, then restart. Sometimes I closeout the program and restart again. This might take a number of attempts before things start working.
In the past I was part of the test group on groups.io. but no longer have access to the test builds so I don't know if this is something that .26 might fix.

BTW when it does work I can use any bandwidth available. The new laptop is going to be a winner when I get this stuff squared away.