Lime mini issue

monty

Lime mini issue

Unread post by monty »

I have a problem with my Lime mini with the console. Whatever frequency I tune to there is another signal spike close to it.
With the RTL dongle it is possible to use offset tuning and it goes away.
Is there an option with either Lime settings on within the console itself.
See the attached image. No signal is being received but it's there anyway. It's making the Lime useless.

jdow

Re: Lime mini issue

Unread post by jdow »

Pictures, full size, showing the problem and settings?
{^_^}

monty

Unread post by monty »

Capture.PNG
The attached picture shows the problem,
There is no RF signal connected to the Lime, but there is a signal spike approx 11 khz above the tuned frequency showing. How do I remove it.
This occurs no matter what frequency the Lime is tuned to.
Does the Lime suffer with spurious problems. I have had it for a year now and it seems to be a waste of money.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Probably your gain is too low. Normally it is not that high, I believe. It is a feature of SDRs. That signal is, essentially, the front end oscillator leakage through the mixer.
{^_^}

monty

Unread post by monty »

SDR# has the option for offset tuning which gets rid of it, but sdr console appears not to have that option. Its a nusiance being so close to every received frequency.

VU2GRM

Unread post by VU2GRM »

I was also facing this issue. Om Saro VU2OBR suggested to increase the gain setting on the RX pane. This I did form 0 to 48dB. Then the noise floor increases. Now by reducing the visual gain from 0 to -45dB, the ghost spike vanished. Thanks Saro...