..back in 1980......

šŸ’„ A general forum for topics not directly linked to SDR.
G0OFE

..back in 1980......

Unread post by G0OFE »

Just for interest...
This appeared on my Twitter feed a while ago:-
El5mC9UXEAE3-oQ.jpg
Back then, I was at school and could only dream of affording such things.

A crystal controlled 8 channel receiver for today's equivilent of around Ā£450 - that would buy an Elad S2 now.

A "proper" scanner that doesnt even cover air band. around 900 quid today. THat would buy an Elad S3 when they become properly available.

Even without allowing for inflation, the cost of those two would buy an RSP1A or RSP2 respectively.

Crazy when you thing about it.

That @OldUkCatalogues account is worth a follow on Twitter for those on that medium.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

KA1GJU

Re: ..back in 1980......

Unread post by KA1GJU »

I have one of those Realistic scanner's with the colored buttons in the basement. It was in the Free pile at a Hamfest years ago. Still works!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

mbott

Unread post by mbott »

Dad had one of the Bearcat 8-channel crystal controlled scanners back in the day. I'm not really a "scanner person" but I did pick up one of the Uniden HomePatrol-II scanners as this Wuhan Virus crap started up. Tonight might be an interesting night here in the States, too for the scanner.

My first LP.
Attachments
Gd0t4gU.png
--
Mike

Max

Unread post by Max »

Yep, here in UK Tandy (Radio Shack in the USA) became well known for Realistic scanners. I have one here. Very good it was too. Pro-2004. Packed in box for last 20 years unused though. Yes, with inflation all radio kit represents astounding value in real terms these days compared with back then, as with all electronic goods:

http://www.rigpix.com/rs-realistic/real ... _20119.htm

Memories!

Max