SDRplay API V3.07

mbott

SDRplay API V3.07

Unread post by mbott »

SDRuno 1.40.1 installs their V3.07 API. SDR Console is looking for V3.06. It there a timeline for SDR Console to be able to use the V3.07 API?
Attachments
bandicam 2020-08-27 15-18-51-808.jpg
--
Mike

Simon G4ELI

Re: SDRplay API V3.07

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

mbott

Unread post by mbott »

Simon, my apologies. I forgot this existed. It must have been all the fun I'm having rebuilding my Win10 desktop after resetting Windows.
--
Mike

BengtM

Unread post by BengtM »

I suddenly got this problem with a laptop running v 3.0.28. I have the dll file in the folder but SDRc still askes for v3.06 of the API. I have re-intalled SDRc but it doesn't help.
SDRc_API_version.PNG

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

BengtM wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:14 pm I suddenly got this problem with a laptop running v 3.0.28. I have the dll file in the folder but SDRc still askes for v3.06 of the API. I have re-intalled SDRc but it doesn't help.

SDRc_API_version.PNG
You should not copy any files into the SDR Console folder. How did you display this window - what did you click?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

BengtM

Unread post by BengtM »

I did not copy any files into the folder. Everything is just per default. And I just do a search for SDRplay units (v3)...

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

BengtM, I wonder if something fouled up your settings files. If it was working with SDRC and another program still works with it then I'd look to the settings. You might have to recreate your radio definition. On the other paw, what is that program with the bright purple title bar in the picture you posted? What happens if you exit that program? If that dialog has the interface open SDRC might not be able to access it at the same time.
{^_^}

BengtM

Unread post by BengtM »

I don't really understand. The only program I'm running is SDRc. One of my RSPdx died in a lightning strike two weeks ago. I have one spare unit which I now try to work with SDRc. I just do:

Select radio
Radio definitions
Serach (for SDRplay v3)
And the I have the windows which says that SDRc require API v3.06

But I have v3.07 which is the latest API from SDRplay. And I have never seen this message before...

Jerry Newsome

Unread post by Jerry Newsome »

Remove the old Definitions for all SDR play devices.
Exit out of SDR Console
Unplug the RSPdx USB cable and then plug it back up.
Start SDR Console and add the definition for RSPdx

Had same issue had a RSPduo installed and tried to add a RSPdx.
Got the same error screen as you.
this fixed it for me.
Good luck

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

If the SDRplay API includes an ever so handy method of distinguishing units, a serial number query, then your definition for one will not, usually, work for another. (I wish WISH the Airspy definitions worked like this. But if only one is connected then either definition will bring up that one. That SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. And if Simon HAS fixed this issue, "sorry". I've not checked lately outside of SDRSharp.)
{o.o}