SDRPlay RSP1a - Startup

stevejerome

SDRPlay RSP1a - Startup

Unread post by stevejerome »

Hi,

I am using 3.1 build 2418 and having just recently purchased an RSP1a, it appears not to want to start. To get it to do, so I have to restart my WIN10 PC and then it will do so. When I first turn on the PC or if it has been on for a while, trying to start with the RSP 1a fails. Once I get the 1a running there are no further problems.

Having chosen the correct receiver, I hit 'start' and the icon just remains 'as is' with nothing happening. To note is that my Excalibur works fine with SDRC, as does the RSP 1a with SDRUno.

Any help to resolve would be much appreciated.

Steve Jerome

Max

Re: SDRPlay RSP1a - Startup

Unread post by Max »

Hi Steve

Most issues with the SDR Play receivers are to do with USB, notably lack of power, and has been noted many times on the SDRC groups to be the most likely cause of these sort of symptoms.

Make sure the RSP1a is connected to a powered hub or direct to the PC and/or try different USB cables.

Also see here for other possible issues (although I think some of it may possibly need updating?).

https://www.sdr-radio.com/sdrplay

Max

stevejerome

Unread post by stevejerome »

Thanks very much Max; I have ‘uninstalled’ the radio from Console and ‘reinstalled’ and all seems well for now….

Steve

Les

Unread post by Les »

Another thing to check is that the SDRplayAPIService is running, <Task Manager/ Services>

I've been having occasional problems with the API service not starting on boot up for some
weeks now and have to resort to starting the API manually.

Les