Problem with the SDR console working with the SDRplay RSPDuo

peterh

Problem with the SDR console working with the SDRplay RSPDuo

Unread post by peterh »

Hello,
My name is Peter and I have been a radio amateur with the call sign DO1PH for 2 months.

I have a problem with the SDR console working with the SDRplay RSPDuo.

I monitor with the RSPDuo 2 pan adapter (1st IF 38.85MHz for 2m, 2nd IF 46.35MHz for 70cm).
I can select tuner A or B to watch the respective IF.

But in order to display the real frequencies, I have to enter different offset frequencies for 2m and 70cm under "Converter Definition".
I also have to select "Invert Spectrum" in the 2m band.

But since I can only select the RSPDuo once under "Select Radio", I always have to "Stop" -> "Select Radio" -> Select Converter -> select "Invert Spectrum" (at 2m)
when changing bands (2m or 70cm) - > Press "Start".

A new instance cannot be used either, because the RSPDuo cannot be selected a second time in the "Radio Definitions".

Is there a way for tuner A and B to define the offset frequency and "invert spectrum"?

greeting
Peter

Max

Re: Problem with the SDR console working with the SDRplay RSPDuo

Unread post by Max »

peterh wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:14 am
Is there a way for tuner A and B to define the offset frequency and "invert spectrum"?

greeting
Peter
Hello Peter

I don't have SDR Duo but from everything I've read on here, I don't think this can be done. Also seems confirmed by Simon's own notes on this receiver:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/sdrplay#RSPduo

"RSPduo. Currently this software only supports one receiver at a time."

You would need two physically separate receivers and two instances of SDRC, one for each receiver. SDRC can only be connected to one piece of hardware per instance.

Max

peterh

Unread post by peterh »

Hi Max,
thanks for the information.
But unfortunately I don't know any other SDR software that can do that.
I had bought the RSPDuo especially, in the hope that I could monitor 2 frequency bands with different offset frequencies with both receivers.
That's really too bad.

greeting
Peter
Happy New Year 2023!

peterh

Unread post by peterh »

Thanks for the information!

Peter

Max

Unread post by Max »

peterh wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:45 am unfortunately I don't know any other SDR software that can do that.
I had bought the RSPDuo especially, in the hope that I could monitor 2 frequency bands with different offset frequencies with both receivers.
I thought that was possible in SDR Uno? I don't use it because I loath the GUI. I think it's an ergonomic mess, but to be fair that's only my opinion and some people seem to get along OK with it.

When you say "different offset frequencies" then I assume you are perhaps talking about converter offsets? If that's the case then I think you would be back to my suggestion, i.e. something like two RSPdx receivers (or any two different hardware receivers), each one running in a separate instance of SDR Console. I think maybe the original idea of the RSPDuo was more to enable experimentation with dual-diversity reception?

Happy New Year to you also.

Max