Limit listening frequency

Airz

Limit listening frequency

Unread post by Airz »

Hello, as in the photo I have attached, I would like to set a listening range that goes from 26 mhz up to 28, but despite the fact that it seems to me that anyone who connects to my server goes where he wants. how can i solve? thank you

KA1GJU

Re: Limit listening frequency

Unread post by KA1GJU »

1) You have 2.6GHZ to 2.8GHz in the settings try 26 MHz and 28 MHz
2) If the restriction is due to the antenna, you can mention the limits in the radio definitions like I do. When a user connects, they will see the limitations on the server and why.
3) You can also place comments in the Welcome Text tab (although few users probably use that info) so if they click on the Server Options in the home tab of SDRC, there's an option titles "station". The text you enter in the Welcome Text tab will show up there.
4) If you place text in the On Air Tab, the user will see that data while building definitions and can decide if they want to build a definition with the restrictions.

Excuse the order in which the images appear, RadioDefinitions should be first, radiodefintion2 next, then #3 last!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Home of the Super Stations Servers!
Attachments
Comments seen while building defintions
Comments seen while building defintions
Comments in the Radio definitions of the Server Service
Comments in the Radio definitions of the Server Service
Radiodefintitons2.png (11.24 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Comments as seen by the remote users when choosing an SDR on the server
Comments as seen by the remote users when choosing an SDR on the server
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Airz

Unread post by Airz »

Thank you for your reply, but even if I have entered the correct frequency 0-30, those who connect to my server can hear as before, from 0 to 2 GHz and I wanted to limit listening to sensitive frequencies from the very beginning. And besides, I noticed that if I insert the listening to 4 users at a time, there is only 1, for me this server has several bugs.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Correct, cannot use it that way. I think this is a (read-only) string from the radio.

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

The user limit in the server service is limiting how many SDR’s on that one server can be accessed by the same IP address. SDRC only allows one user per physical SDR radio. It’s not like the Kiwi or Web SDR that allows multiple users at the same time.
The user limit prevents one user from occupying all the radios on one server. Mine are set to two, so a user can compare two different SDR’s or antennas, depending upon which server of mine (5 total servers, 13 SDR’s) they are connected to.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Home of the Super Station Servers
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Airz, your wish isn't a bad idea at all.
I'm not sure if Simon agrees on that or if it's even possible but would you give it a try and place your wish under Requests?

Airz

Unread post by Airz »

Thanks to everyone, it would be really nice if it were possible to give the possibility to more users at a time, even if only 4 or 5 people at the same time. My server in question would run on a good 1GB fiber connection, hopefully for future updates and hopefully on a Windows platform. Thanks again .