SDR Console v3 Install Footprint?

Bo3b

SDR Console v3 Install Footprint?

Unread post by Bo3b »

New LAN-IQ Owner searching for SDR control software - SDR Console v3 appears to work and is promising. However install footprint seems huge (600+ Mb?) - Any way to determine minimum disk space & files needed for a single radio?

Thanks.

G0OFE

Re: SDR Console v3 Install Footprint?

Unread post by G0OFE »

Yes, just about 600mb here. You won't need much more for a single or even multiple radios, unless you're making IQ recordings. I put those on a separate disk anyway. My user files take a few mb.. includes all my radio and favourites definitions.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi,

Just install the whole lot. Disk is cheap these days, the reason for the size is the number of radios supported and other supporting data files such as the geo database.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Bo3b

Unread post by Bo3b »

Thanks for the reply. Running on older laptop, software appears to run OK but disk space is limited. Any way to identify the radio support, data files and delete? How much disk space recover can be expected for a single radio leaned down install? (Maybe allow selection during install?)

Simon G4ELI

Bo3b wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 pm Thanks for the reply. Running on older laptop, software appears to run OK but disk space is limited. Any way to identify the radio support, data files and delete? How much disk space recover can be expected for a single radio leaned down install? (Maybe allow selection during install?)
Sorry, I really don't have time to do this.

Consider a bigger drive for the laptop, it's actually quite easy to replace a drive and keep your current Windows installation.
www.sdr-radio.com

Bo3b

Unread post by Bo3b »

Thanks. Hardware upgrade to laptop is not an option and the idea of software change to allow radio selection on install was just a suggestion. Question was which files are unnecessary, and can be deleted, for a single radio use - In this case the LAN-IQ? If there is no easy definitive answer, will try to determine via experimentation but must be some guidelines and idea of minimum size?

Simon G4ELI

Bo3b wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:27 pm Thanks. Hardware upgrade to laptop is not an option and the idea of software change to allow radio selection on install was just a suggestion. Question was which files are unnecessary, and can be deleted, for a single radio use - In this case the LAN-IQ? If there is no easy definitive answer, will try to determine via experimentation but must be some guidelines and idea of minimum size?
Disk upgrades are easy, very easy.
www.sdr-radio.com

Bo3b

Unread post by Bo3b »

Even if very, very, VERY easy AND cheap or free, hardware upgrade not an option. Sorry! Will experiment and probably break software things for more frustration but appears to be only option. Would think others also concerned for SDR Console footprint and better answer...

Simon G4ELI

Bo3b wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm Even if very, very, VERY easy AND cheap or free, hardware upgrade not an option. Sorry! Will experiment and probably break software things for more frustration but appears to be only option. Would think others also concerned for SDR Console footprint and better answer...
Attach an external disk and install there.
www.sdr-radio.com

Bo3b

Unread post by Bo3b »

Thanks for the suggestion but additional hardware expense doesn't seem like appropriate solution. Should be some software overhead that can be trimmed to create a smaller footprint for those interested in leaner install. Will experiment with file deletion guesses to determine what, if anything, can be discovered the hard way to solve issue...