Narrow FM High Pass Filter

KC1UA

Narrow FM High Pass Filter

Unread post by KC1UA »

Hello,

Just getting set up with a new CloudSDR (as Simon is aware from my ramblings in another group). I am a big VHF and above searcher and DX'er and using CTCSS and DCS tones to identify unknown stations is a big part of that.

I notice under The Receive >> Narrow FM tab that by default the HPF Filter is enabled. I understand how it works and can clearly see the difference in the audio spectrum window when I activate/deactivate it, as well as hear a marked difference in audio response (obviously). What interests me is the pop up "hint" that appears when I hover over the filter selection. It reads "Enable the HPF to hide CTCSS and DCS tones".

Is this hint alluding to the fact that I can't visually "see" the audio spectrum where the tones appear when the filter is enabled, or is there somewhere in the software that actually displays these tones? The latter would be wonderful. I know I can select individual tones but to simply be able to see what tone is being used by any given station would be great.

Thanks. 3.0.27 with the CloudSDR is great.

Scott/KC1UA