Saving Settings etc

W8BYA

Saving Settings etc

Unread post by W8BYA »

I was exploring some of the neat changes that can be made via options and was delighted I could tweak many to my liking to make my RSPdx play even better. But when I closed console down and restarted it some stayed but many went back to default. Is there a way to save all of them? I am using a WIN10 laptop.

1. I would like to save the "shaded" portion of the signal in the pan display window. Right now I select it but when restarted it is not shaded in.

2. Save the number of "peaks" I select. I usually pick "1" and like to see the SNR for it but when restarted it goes back to zero.

3. While talking about the "peaks" setting, which is awesome, I really like that I can select the peak to display SNR. I set peaks to 1 and observe the SNR of the station I am tuned to. The problem is if a stronger station appears any place on the screen the SNR data jumps over to the stronger station and not my tuned frequency. Is there any way to force the SNR read out to stay on my tuned frequency? I do not want to have to zoom WAY in so that my station or tuned frequency is the only signal seen in the pan display.

4. I like to use a resolution display of X2 but when restarted it goes back to default.

5. The frequency and span box which I like enabled disappears when I restart the program.

6. Also I cannot keep my tuned, center frequency to stay in the middle of the pan display. I have enabled the keep centered option but it does not seem to make any difference.

Simon G4ELI

Re: Saving Settings etc

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi,

What's the CPU? I think this may be a 'low power' system which is automatically disabling CPU-intensive options. FWIW make sure you have the latest kit.

Re 6: there's no way to keep the current frequency in the centre, if you use the IF display of Receive pane then you have this feature.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:49 am Hi,

What's the CPU? I think this may be a 'low power' system which is automatically disabling CPU-intensive options. FWIW make sure you have the latest kit.

Re 6: there's no way to keep the current frequency in the centre, if you use the IF display of Receive pane then you have this feature.
Another way to do this is to go "Receive".. "Receiver Pane", and set your options to show one reciever. You then have your markers too, and the ability to zoom in and out with the magnifier icons on the left hand side.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

W8BYA

Unread post by W8BYA »

Thank you kindly Simon & Jim. Let's see.....first off this is not a high powered laptop. Just an I5 with 8 GB RAM and WIN10. Current console version is 3.0.27. I will check to see if a newer version is available. I keep all other activity on the PC to a minimum and typically CPU usage via console is reported at around 3-4%. Windows resource monitor is reporting about the same numbers.

I will have to find the area that involves "automatically disabling CPU-intensive options" and see if I can change something there.

Jim, I need to beg forgiveness as I am still learning this wonderful software but I must be looking in the wrong place to follow your suggestion. I select RECEIVE, then Receiver Pane. At that point I can see a nice zoomed in area of my central area but no markers visible (at least on the one birdie that is in the pass-band). On the regular receiver window I do have a single marker enabled and it is showing a SNR value but not on the window pane I just tried. Am I in the wrong place?
TU to both of you very much. 73

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

We're getting terminology mixed up here !

You're talking about Peaks markers. These only show in the main Console window.

I was talking about saved markers for stations, memories and favourites. Go here for further details: https://www.sdr-radio.com/markers
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

W8BYA

Unread post by W8BYA »

QSL....my interest as noted in the OP was to dedicate a single SNR marker for the tuned frequency I was listening to, as I am using the RCV, and operating within the main console. No current interest for the saved markers etc. TU for trying to help out. 73