New to the group

K0BLR

New to the group

Unread post by K0BLR »

Hi there everyone,
Ben Ramler, K0BLR here. I have a question for everyone. I'm trying to build my station in SE Georgia. I was going to get the 7610. However that radio is back ordered. So my question about the anan 7000DLE MKII is this. Let say I set it up, and I want to do remote operations. My question is this. Is there client software that can be had for that radio to allow other hams to use the radio or is it just who ever owns the radio? I'm an otr driver and I'm usually not home. My concern is how hard is it to setup the software for the radio. Also can you have multiple vfo's?

thank you in advance for the bandwith!

Ben Ramler K0BLR

PD3LK

Re: New to the group

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hello Ben,

Is there client software that can be had for that radio to allow other hams to use the radio or is it just who ever owns the radio?
SDR-Console has server-client possibilities BUT not for radio's with TX capabilities and that will never happen as far as i know.

Using the ANAN remote - or any other SDR with some bandwith - will need a lot of down & upload bandwith. A remote desktop solution will work much smoother, especialy when your mobile.

I'm an otr driver (is that on or off?) and I'm usually not home. My concern is how hard is it to setup the software for the radio.
SDRC works great with the ANAN's but no remote RX or TX possible via SDRC Server. (The Anan's can't be added in the server)

Also can you have multiple vfo's? no, only one. I don't know if this will happen in the future.

jdow

Re: New to the group

Unread post by jdow »

I bet somebody clever could bend something external such as IRLP into working, to a limited degree. But that does not control the radio beyond transmit/receive and voice relay. But doing so is the ham's responsibility not Simon's. Dealing with the overhead to assure that only suitably licensed hams had access to the transmitter is not on Simon's bucket list.

{^_^}