Questions about configuring sdr-radio software

umbrello89

Questions about configuring sdr-radio software

Unread post by umbrello89 »

Hello my name is Sascha!

I have 2 questions about sdr-radio software.

1. Is it possible to choose soundcard line in or mic for receiving vlf signals directly via soundcard?
2. When I use a upconverter it would be nice to configure the software to always subtract 110,000 Mhz in the frequency display. But the software does not accept such a big value. How can I solve this?

Thank you very much!

Greetings from germany

jdow

Re: Questions about configuring sdr-radio software

Unread post by jdow »

1) I'm afraid for audio IQ input SDRSharp might be the best solution. For VLF reception, once the up converter irritates you enough. the AirSpy HF+ Discovery is an exceptionally good front end device.

2) Why on Earth would you be up-converting to 110 GHz? I suspect you need to enter 110000000 in the dialog for a 110 MHz up converter frequency. Now, that seems to be a rather unusual value. 120 MHz is more common. Oscillator drift may drive you to distraction with an up converter. You have the tuner's oscillator drift adding to, maybe subtracting from if you are lucky, the up converter's drift. This may become distracting.

What front end were you thinking of with respect to the up-converter? (Regardless, I'd probably endup recommending Youssef's little gem, the AirSpy HF+ Discovery. Wow! For a price comparison I looked up cartons of cigarettes - 2 or 3 cartons would purchase the AirSpy. It's worth quitting smoking for. {^_-})

{^_^}

m3ghe

Re: Questions about configuring sdr-radio software

Unread post by m3ghe »

umbrello89 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:03 pm Hello my name is Sascha!
1. Is it possible to choose soundcard line in or mic for receiving vlf signals directly via soundcard?
Yes question 1 is possible. You set a definition up selecting the radio as SoftRock XTAL. Set the XTAL frequency to 1Hz and select
your soundcard input. Set your soundcard input to the sample rate you require and that's it.
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/