In what programming language is SDR Console programmed?

ON7OFF

In what programming language is SDR Console programmed?

Unread post by ON7OFF »

Just a question out of curiosity. What is the programming language of SDR console?

Anyone any idea?

jdow

Re: In what programming language is SDR Console programmed?

Unread post by jdow »

Mostly Microsoft's Visual C++ last I knew. It's basically a C++ program regardless of what language the creators of some libraries it pulls in might have used.
{^_^}

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

jdow wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:04 am Mostly Microsoft's Visual C++ last I knew. It's basically a C++ program regardless of what language the creators of some libraries it pulls in might have used.
{^_^}
The code I write is C++, a little C and some assembler. A major library I use is Intel's IPP, these functions are 95% assembler as well.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

ON7OFF

Unread post by ON7OFF »

Thanks Simon,

I will try to self learn a little bit of programming in C++.
Project goal: create a little interface so I can do basic things like turning on and off my Kenwood TS-480 radio, read the SWR, turn on/off the antenna tuner, change power settings, etc.
In the past I have built a web interface using Perl on my webserver. I was able to control my radio from the website.
I know how to communicate to the Kenwood radio and get info from the radio using the com port because of the experience I have from my own built web control page.
Do you think that, in case I'm successful with this little project for self-teaching purposes, you could integrate the code into the external radio window?
I would like to make this compatible with the Kenwood protocol.
This would mean that anyone who owns a Kenwood TS-480, 590, 450 etc would be able add the Pan adapter by using a simple SDR receiver and SDR Console.
What do you think?
I'm not sure if I can do it, but before I start the project I want to be sure that the code can be used by yourself to add these features into the sdr console. I want the project to be at least useful.

Kind regards.

dg9bfc_sigi

Unread post by dg9bfc_sigi »

sdr console talks kenwood language already (ts2000 protocol)
and there is omnirig (to sync two rigs via virtual or real comports)
and the is exernal radio window
so you have a few options and possible setups
dg9bfc sigi