Keyboard Shortcuts Query

stevejerome

Keyboard Shortcuts Query

Unread post by stevejerome »

I use these when monitoring, but if I choose to scroll through the spectrum using the ‘2 arrows’ on the left or right at the bottom, and then want to use a keyboard shortcut, they won’t work.

I then have to stop and start the software to make them work again ; any ideas ?

The shortcuts I have created are used to change between different ‘favourites’ definitions, so is it possibly because I’m outside of a defined ‘favourite’ that this happens ?

Thanks,

Steve

Max

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts Query

Unread post by Max »

Sorry Steve, no time to analyse this by trying to reproduce, but when selecting any of the grey buttons in the DSP panels (like AGC slow/fast etc), the left-right arrows "stick" on cycling those buttons (and changing frequency simultaneously). I clear this condition by selecting then immediately deselecting one of the tick boxes, "CW Peak Enable" for example. It might be something totally different but you might try it to see if it works for you.

Simon once made a test version of SDRC that had the cursor keys always live for frequency adjustment, and I much preferred this option. I have requested Simon to at least allow those of us that like it like that to offer the option with a with a "tick box" in the settings for tuning, but he's not keen. I'm not 100% sure why because I loved the feature of always live and I would at least like the option even if it's not the default! It works fine in WebSDR after all.

Anyway, try it and see. Sorry in advance if it does not work.

Max

stevejerome

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts Query

Unread post by stevejerome »

Thanks Max ; I’m unsure what you mean and how it relates to my question, but I will endeavour to resolve.

Steve