AF Gain midi control won't go to "0"

raydeeoh

AF Gain midi control won't go to "0"

Unread post by raydeeoh »

I have made an Arduino Micro-based midi controller for my HL2 running v. 3.0.24 SDR-C. It works very well; however, I don't seem to be able to get the pot to ever set to the AF Gain to "0". At it's minimum, the pot will only set the AF Gain down to "1" as indicated on the RX Pane.

I've checked the settings in midi definitions file and they are set to a range of 0-127. NOTE: If I change the range to, say, 3-127 or 5-127, save and reboot SDR-C, they "stick" and I can then lower the AF Gain to either 3 or 5 as indicated on the RX Panel. Changing the range back to 0-127 and saving he definition file again, restarting SDR-C takes me back to where I started, only being able to lower the AF Gain down to "1", never "0".

Ideas?

Robert VE7ZN

PD3LK

Re: AF Gain midi control won't go to "0"

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi, not sure if i can help but pls show us a printscreen with these midi settings
regards, Leon
Attachments
Midi Audio Level.JPG

raydeeoh

Re: AF Gain midi control won't go to "0"

Unread post by raydeeoh »

My MIDI settings are correct; however, I have found that by using the "mute" switch on the digital pot, connected to NOT connected to a simple P-channel MosFET soft-latch switch I built (which controls the ON/OFF function of an audio output from the PC to a small 5w AF amplifier), rather than to the Arduino MIDI controller ALWAYS returns the AF Gain to "0" when the pot is at it's minimum value. I suspect there is some sort of "leakage" in the Arduino MIDI controller which prevents the AF Gain pot from properly registering its minimum value.

I have it working as I intended now.

Thanks for your input.