please make this software useable

idontcare

please make this software useable

Unread post by idontcare »

I had to make a forum account just to tell you that your software doesn't work... at all.

I have no idea what my frequency is, even though I can change it. I can't decimate. There's no way to change from LSB (which is apparently the default?) to anything else. I'm right on top of a signal that works in another software package on the exact same SDR and there is noise but absolutely no signal... with the same radio.

I have no idea what's going on but this is an unmitigated disaster. I've seen videos where people are using this software and it looks gorgeous.

...but I've poked around this thing for 30 minutes and I can't get anything to work and still have no idea exactly what frequency I'm tuned to.

I don't know why you can't have a simple discord chat.
I don't know why I had to register an account to tell you that your software doesn't work.
I don't know why there's no way for me to upload screenshots on here. When I click on the image link it just gives a way to embed an html link. The screenshots I have are on my computer, not the internet.

I really don't know what I'm supposed to do. I have a waterfall display and I have sound but no signals. I can't do anything with this and it's next to impossible to provide feedback. This is absolutely the worst first 30 minutes I've ever spent with any piece of SDR software, ever. This doesn't work at all.

Get a Discord chat. There are way too many things wrong with this software to diagnose by forum, especially if I can't upload images.

G0OFE

Re: please make this software useable

Unread post by G0OFE »

OK, so I have let this post through.

You only needed to send it once; first few posts from users are held and reviewed to prevent spam.

I ummed and ahhed about this one, wondering if the post is serious or simply an attempt at trolling.

But I've given you the benefit of the doubt in case you actually do need help.

I doubt Simon even has time to do Discord chat - he is busy coding, or playing radio, or looking after his house, garden and dog.

You will get support on these pages once we know what your issue is.

If you want to upload images, you can do so by clicking on the Full EDitor and Preview button below your text entry window.

Now then.. what SDR are you using and can you be a little more specific about the issue you're having?
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Jim,

I think a screenshot will help us get him going.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

idontcare wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm I had to make a forum account just to tell you that your software doesn't work... at all.

I have no idea what my frequency is, even though I can change it. I can't decimate. There's no way to change from LSB (which is apparently the default?) to anything else. I'm right on top of a signal that works in another software package on the exact same SDR and there is noise but absolutely no signal... with the same radio.

I have no idea what's going on but this is an unmitigated disaster. I've seen videos where people are using this software and it looks gorgeous.

...but I've poked around this thing for 30 minutes and I can't get anything to work and still have no idea exactly what frequency I'm tuned to.

I don't know why I had to register an account to tell you that your software doesn't work.
I don't know why there's no way for me to upload screenshots on here. When I click on the image link it just gives a way to embed an html link. The screenshots I have are on my computer, not the internet.

I really don't know what I'm supposed to do. I have a waterfall display and I have sound but no signals. I can't do anything with this and it's next to impossible to provide feedback. This is absolutely the worst first 30 minutes I've ever spent with any piece of SDR software, ever. This doesn't work at all.

Get a Discord chat. There are way too many things wrong with this software to diagnose by forum, especially if I can't upload images.
I've attached a screenshot using Full Editor.

To make a screenshot click here.

Were I to have a chat facility I would never get any coding done, I'd never have time to walk the dog.

As Jim wrote, let us know what radio you've bought.
Attachments
Example screenshot - Band II
Example screenshot - Band II
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Max

Unread post by Max »

idontcare wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm
I think this says much. There are hundreds of us, probably thousands, that use this software every day with no issues. There's no question at all that it's one of the most user-friendly and usable SDR packages around.

You have given us nothing to go on whatsoever. What model of SDR are you using? Post some FULL UNEDITED screenshots as attachments on here (yes, it's perfectly easy to do on here as Simon showed you in his reply) using the built in Screenshot tool in the program:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Frequency entry and mode change are deadly simple on SDR Console, more so than any other package I know. Sounds like yoiu do not have the RX DSP panel enabled? Select Receive Tab at top pf screen then push button "DSP".

Did you read all the info available on Simon's main site? Hover over the menu buttons all along the top of the screen and there is a huge amount of information available:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/

I guess at the end of the day it depends how much effort one is willing to put in to gain the benefit of some great software. Just a long rant will not get you very far! Many people here very willing to help if you present your information clearly and calmly.

Max

dg9bfc_sigi

Unread post by dg9bfc_sigi »

this software is usable ... so the subject line is wrong :-)

at first ... tell what you want to do
what hardware do you want to use with sdr console??
you wrote you have waterfall and some signals?
good sign ... at least there is something to work with ...
(maybe just needs to crank up volume and select the right soundcard?!?)
SCREENSHOT would help us to see what you see there

G4POP

Unread post by G4POP »

Well Mr Idontcare who fails to use his real name or call sign, clearly needs help badly and not just with the software!

At least SRC is free and works 100% unlike the Flex software which is US$200.00 when there is a major release and that is software that he would realy struggle with.

Just hurling critism without any clues to where or what your having an issue with is fruitless, its like taking your car to the garage and saying "Its gone wrong" whats gone wrong the radio, gearbox, door catch? come on now for pities sake help yourself by helping us all understand the actual issues!

m3ghe

Unread post by m3ghe »

idontcare wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm I had to make a forum account just to tell you that your software doesn't work... at all.

Quite clearly operator ignorance.
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

Max

Unread post by Max »

m3ghe wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:39 pm
Quite clearly operator ignorance.
PICNIC

Max

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Well, mine appears to work just fine! Looks at all the RTTY signals this afternoon!
Looks like Super Station #1 is back with vengence!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
Screenshot-2021-09-25-160003.jpeg
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)