Receiver Pane Bandwidth and Direct tuning

ArloG

Receiver Pane Bandwidth and Direct tuning

Unread post by ArloG »

Is it possible to adjust bandwidth from a receiver pane? I'm able to expand and contract it but it snaps back to original when the mouse button is released.

How to direct tune when a receiver is selected from the receiver pane without disturbing the frequency it was set on?

Max

Re: Receiver Pane Bandwidth and Direct tuning

Unread post by Max »

ArloG wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:14 pm Is it possible to adjust bandwidth from a receiver pane? I'm able to expand and contract it but it snaps back to original when the mouse button is released.

How to direct tune when a receiver is selected from the receiver pane without disturbing the frequency it was set on?
Unlike in the main window, in the Receiver Pane, the width of the window always auto-adjusts to make the width of the displayed bandwidth constant in the display, according to the zoom level set (values 1 to 7) in the RX Pane settings (three dots menu). You are not seeing the actual bandwidth snap back, you are seeing the RX Pane display snap to preserve the displayed bandwidth at the preset zoom level as set above. The actual bandwidth IS varying.

To select another RX pane without disturbing the frequency, hover top right of the receiver in question and press "Select" to select that receiver, instead of clicking inside the waterfall/spectrum which, as you say, will disturb the frequency. If the receiver is already the selected receiver then the "Select" button will not appear.

Max

ArloG

Unread post by ArloG »

Max wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:39 pm
ArloG wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:14 pm Is it possible to adjust bandwidth from a receiver pane? I'm able to expand and contract it but it snaps back to original when the mouse button is released.

Unlike in the main window, in the Receiver Pane, the width of the window always auto-adjusts to make the width of the displayed bandwidth constant in the display, according to the zoom level set (values 1 to 7) in the RX Pane settings (three dots menu). You are not seeing the actual bandwidth snap back, you are seeing the RX Pane display snap to preserve the displayed bandwidth at the preset zoom level as set above. The actual bandwidth IS varying.

To select another RX pane without disturbing the frequency, hover top right of the receiver in question and press "Select" to select that receiver, instead of clicking inside the waterfall/spectrum which, as you say, will disturb the frequency. If the receiver is already the selected receiver then the "Select" button will not appear.

Max
I missed the bw setting change because I had the main window zoomed out to find and add receivers to attempt to get DSD+ frequencies loaded.
So once zoomed in I saw the change. Thanks on that!

I got the select by hovering. But figured there was a keyboard shortcut or method to tune the selected receiver through kb entry w/o having to actually click on the freq. in the main window first. I was looking through keyboard shortcut settings and didn't see any reference to it. Simon?

In the DSD+ section I put up a post to see about assistance in getting trunking to work or a little better understanding of interactions or a sort of "flowchart".
This is while using an Icom IC-R8600. The webpage is a bit sparse. Although beyond this subject I'm not sure if Console is scanning the receiver frequencies or if it emulates one of the DSD+ FMPxx executables that control different radios supported. My RSP2 "frequency hops" by itself once the batch files are setup.
The R8600, not so much from what I'm seeing.

Thank you for your advice.

Max

Unread post by Max »

ArloG wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:12 am
I'm not sure if Console is scanning the receiver frequencies or if it emulates one of the DSD+ FMPxx executables that control different radios supported. My RSP2 "frequency hops" by itself once the batch files are setup.
The R8600, not so much from what I'm seeing.

Thank you for your advice.
I saw your post on DSD+. It looked very involved and I just didn't have time to read it and on a quick scan I also didn't understand most of it! I don't have much of an idea what trunked radio is about yet, as I've never tried it. SDRC does very little in the way of scanning but perhaps DSD+ does "scanning" of different channels in a multiplex. CAT instructions can be sent from external programs to SDRC to change frequency, like with CSV User List Browser for example, where clicking in the frequency list will tune SDRC remotely. I don't have any idea about similar functionality within DSD+. There is no native scanning function SDRC yet. I'm actually not 100% sure there is ever likely to be. Only Simon will know what he has in mind. I think it's on his list but maybe not very high up!

I've used DSD+ to monitor my local amateur radio digital DMR repeater. It works fine. I get data to DSD+ by use of a virtual audio cable (VAC) which works perfectly OK. Was that part of what you were asking in your other post?

Sorry, beyond that it's not at all my area so can't really help further. I think SDRC is primarily used by radio amateurs (that's mostly what Simon wrote it for...... the rest of us are just lucky to be able to piggy back on his own product for free, well hopefully donations!) and we tend to have somewhat less complex needs i.e. tune one signal at a time, or maybe split operation RX/TX and that is SDRCs forte, but that's not to say there are not others on her that may be able to help, although in my time on the SDRC forums I can hardly remember any other mention of trunked radio and not many of DSD+, but you may wish to search the other parallel group as it's been going longer and there may well be some worthwhile info on there if you have a good dig around:

https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/topics

Don't know if that's any help but others may come along who are better equipped to answer your issue on the other thread.

Max