Lock TX

vk3lmr

Lock TX

Unread post by vk3lmr »

Hi,

Running Lime SDR that I am setting up as a TX for the amateur HF frequencies. I would like to also use it as general coverage HF receiver but would prefer to be able to either lock the TX completely or lock it just to the Amateur bands (preferred). Currently I have no TX antenna plugged in and no TX antenna selected (0 drive level) but once I have the TX side running I would like to be able to have that above safety mechanism - otherwise I can't use it as a general coverage RX safely.

Is that possible ?

73s
Steve
VK3LMR

jdow

Re: Lock TX

Unread post by jdow »

There is no need to lock transmitter to receiver. Decouple them and browse happily. On the TX panel look at the "Sync TX" latching button. If illuminated they are synced, which could be a TX problem issue. If not illuminated the TX frequency does not depend on the RX frequency. You can, of course, couple the TX out on the Lime to a dummy load and experiment to confirm what I say here.

(The upper Sync TX button addresses frequency synchronization. The lower one synchronizes modes.)

{^_^}

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

This is what Steve asked JD ;) :
"lock the TX completely or lock it just to the Amateur bands (preferred)"

A TX prohibit button would be a good idea when one has only a RX-only antenna connected or little children in the house....

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

There's no way to disable TX atm.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!