Zoom Setting

radiohead

Zoom Setting

Unread post by radiohead »

Regarding zoom setting on main window.
It appears to be set on auto.
Can I set it to manual or lock it to on setting.

KA1GJU

Re: Zoom Setting

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Not really sure what you are asking, do you mean the action of this button?
Click on image to enlarge:

Zoom4.png

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

radiohead

The button on the slider will move automatically to another setting when you change to another band.
Can it be locked on one setting.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

radiohead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:56 pm The button on the slider will move automatically to another setting when you change to another band.
No, when you change band (I assume via a Favourite) then Zoom honours the bandwidth of the new band definition.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Max

Unread post by Max »

radiohead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:56 pm The button on the slider will move automatically to another setting when you change to another band.
I must admit I have no idea what logic is used when simply typing in a new frequency by hand (using NumPad) because once Favourites are setup for each band I hardly ever do this. Sometimes typing in a fresh frequency without use of Favourites seems to preserve something close to the last Zoom setting and sometimes it's totally different, I agree.

However, as Simon implies, why not set up Favourites for every band of interest and this will always store the Zoom range you had preset when you stored it (which is the default behaviour, although this option can be "unticked"):
Zoom.JPG
So best advice is spend some time setting up Favourites for every band of interest (and also mode is stored, so possibly for different modes too if necessary) and this issue never occurs.

Max

radiohead

Thanks for that info.
It has also helped me to set up some favorites.