Center spike marker on all frequency bands

gbnylan

Center spike marker on all frequency bands

Unread post by gbnylan »

hello world,

I don't understand why there is a center spike shown on all bands all frequencies?
I have looked and checked if I can get rid of this center marker as seen in other SDR software programs but cannot find anything?
I am assuming there must be a way of removing the marker and hopefully one of you can help me to do this.

Thanks
George
Alberta, Canada :geek:

Max

Re: Center spike marker on all frequency bands

Unread post by Max »

George

This is well known issue with many SDRs (by virtue of the hardware design). What is your radio? It's largely dealt with in SDR Console but can reappear at high bandwidths. Try reducing the radio bandwidth. I would not mind betting you are using something like an SDR Play radio at full bandwidth, say 10 MHz? Reduce it to 2MHz and try again. Maybe you are using RTL Dongle? Same issue.
Bandwidth.jpg
Attaching a screenshot always helps (full frame, uncropped). To attach a screenshot, press button under message "Full Editor & Preview".

https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

By way of interest I just tried this with my RTL-SDR and RSP2Pro both set to maximum bandwidth. No spike for me at all on RTL-SDR but on RSP2 Pro there is an initial small spike but over the course of about 6 seconds it is eliminated automatically.

Would be interesting to see screenshot and also which radio you are running (which screenshot will show anyway).

Also in the meantime also see here:
viewtopic.php?t=978

Max

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

The spike most commonly appears when the radio's gain profile is screwed up, mostly on the too little gain side.
{o.o}