New User Small Problem

Bill K4IBC

New User Small Problem

Unread post by Bill K4IBC »

I am just getting my feet wet into SDR.

Using SDR Console to listen to online servers before making a radio purchase decision.

First thing I notice is that it will not let me set any filter width wider than 4K in LSB and USB modes. Is it po0ssible to creates wider than 4K filters?

In W-LSB there are larger than 4K filters options. I would use those but I have a problem with W-LSB. When selected it shifts my received (heard frequency 1Khz) but the VFO Frequency hasn't moved. I actually have to move the VFO 1KHz to get back to original signal I had on LSB.

It is probably a setting I am missing somewhere. Made a short YouTube video of the problem.
Video of problem

jdow

Re: New User Small Problem

Unread post by jdow »

Check out the Wide-U and Wide-L modes.
{^_^}

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

I replicated your conditions using my SDRC on the same radio and server (mine! :D ) and could not get it to do what yours was doing.
Did you alter the filter settings for WIDE LSB using the "..." in the filter selection?
What exact version of SDRC 3.1 are you using?

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
SDR Console 2022-02-17 07h 56m 57s.mp4
(3.09 MiB) Downloaded 29 times
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

jdow wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:03 am Check out the Wide-U and Wide-L modes.
{^_^}
Let me guess JD, you stopped reading after his 3th sentence :lol:

Bill K4IBC

Did you try it with the sampling bandwidth I was using from your server? I was very conservative on the bandwidth during video. Once I opened sampling to 300KHz the problem went away.

Bill K4IBC

Yes I knew about adding custom filter widths but in LSB and USB it limits you to a max of 4K wide. I like listening at 5 and 6k wide so I am forced to using Wide modes.

Bill K4IBC

KA1GJU wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:58 pm I replicated your conditions using my SDRC on the same radio and server (mine! :D ) and could not get it to do what yours was doing.
Did you alter the filter settings for WIDE LSB using the "..." in the filter selection?
What exact version of SDRC 3.1 are you using?

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Yes I noticed you were using a Bandwidth of 912KHz and that video was using only 15KHz. Once I changed to 300KHz problem went away. My reasoning for using the narrow bandwidth was to not be greedy on the server. My PC has plenty of power being a 1th gen I9 with 64GB of ram but using onboard video for now.