SDR Console & HRD synchron

Andy63

SDR Console & HRD synchron

Unread post by Andy63 »

Hello dear Forum-team, hello Simon!

Please let me take this opportunity to say thank you for this really great program!
I think it's proof, like Ham Radio Deluxe 5, that amateur radio can set new standards in communication.
Many thanks to Simon and the testing team!

But I would also like to express one wish at this point...
Simon, isn't it also possible to create an interface like in the SDRuno program in order to use the console together with the HRD6 program and an external transceiver via OmniRig?

It would be great as I don't want to be without the program here and HRD6.

Please don't get me wrong, there are certainly hundreds of similar requests, but maybe it would be a great thing to connect two great programs together in this way.

I wish you all the best for the future and thank you again!

Best regards
Andreas

Simon G4ELI

Re: SDR Console & HRD synchron

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

You should be able to do this already via OmniRig. I will add a UDP / network interface 'soon'.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Andy63

Unread post by Andy63 »

Hello Simon,
I have now found a solution and it seems to work without any problems.

I'm using an ...
  • ICOM IC-7400
  • SDR Console 3.1
  • HRD6.3
  • OmniRig V2.0
  • Virtual Serial Ports Emulator (64 bit) 1.1.5.458 -> eterlogic.com

I am currently writing a step-by-step guide which I would be happy to send you for publication.

Best regards again
Andreas

m3ghe

Unread post by m3ghe »

You don't need all that. You just connect HRD to SDR Console via the CAT control option under tools.
You use the SDR-Radio option in HRD connection.
Create a VSP pair select 1 end in SDR Console and the other end in HRD, in my example COM6 and COM7.
HRD definition.PNG
HRD to SDR-C.PNG
If you need OmniRig for any reason use V1.19/V1.2 to integrate with the External Radio feature in SDR Console.

In my case this is running SDPlay RSP1A with SDR Console. FT840 with the External radio option using OmniRig with SDR Console. HRD tracking/controlling both radios and vice versa.

Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

maby

Unread post by maby »

Following up on this thread, I would like to see an option for manual synchronisation in each direction as an alternative to the current automatic synchronisation. I run my SDR as a second receiver and panadaptor to my IC7300. I don't want the two locked to each other as is the current funcionality - I want them operating independently with an option to force synchronisation manually in either direction.

I have implemented this with a simple application written in Visual Basic - it opens CAT connections to both SDR Console and Win4ICOM (which controls my 7300) and it has two (large) buttons - "To Radio" and "To Sdr". The functionality is pretty obvious - click a button and my code reads frequency and mode from one source and sends the information to the other. It works perfectly well, but is a bit of a pain operationally - I have to ensure that my window is visible at all times. It would be nice if the same functions could be implemented in the SDR Console toolbar!

Martin (G8FXC)

Jochemherrmann

Unread post by Jochemherrmann »

Good afternoon,

I just coupled SDR Console with HRD using the instructions above. Partially successfully.
When using SDR Console on QO-100, there seems to be a limit on the frequency that HRD can display/set - 2.147483647 GHz.

Is this a known limitation, or should I change a certain setting?

Thanks for your help!

Jochem, PE0JHM