CAT the LO?

KD6RF

Re: CAT the LO?

Unread post by KD6RF »

Well, as mentioned above, doppler correction is half of my project.... I am also doing coordinated frequency control of both remote TX-side and local RX-side on top of doppler. So, display format with CAT control of doppler would have the same problem with the additional frequency changes my project is doing.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick replies. I will check back to see what's happening with SdrCon - it's really such a pleasure to the eyes and is just plain fun to use too!

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

SDRConsole is doing what you said not what you mean. It has no means of reading your mind. The CAT commands do not affect the "LO" for the front end. There is a good reason for this. Depending on the front end you can get your frequency correction balled up by the design of the front end's frequency synthesizer. The step sizes can be surprisingly large, and are not even a nice relatable constant number. In a small way even the rtlsdr dongles end up with a frequency error that is as big as plus or minus 7 Hz. So if you want mathematically correct tuning the fully software portion of the picture, the individual receivers, are where you must make your tuning deltas.

If you insist on doing it yourself, you'll probably have to use a different solution.

{^_^}

KD6RF

Unread post by KD6RF »

??? Where'd you get the crazy idea that software should read someone's mind? No need to be rude jdow... :shock:

My posts are asking if the software can be configured to do what I want, including frequency control functions via CAT in addition to simple doppler correction... not to guess anyone's mind.

If the software folks don't want to support external "Scale Slider" CAT doppler control then that's fine. It's a wonderful piece of software as-is, but just happens to not be what I need.

73 - dB