Repeated Crashing when connected to local server

M0MFX

Repeated Crashing when connected to local server

Unread post by M0MFX »

I run a Dell latitude (i5 8gb) as a server (June 2020 build) to my i7 16gb desktop (July 2020 build) (avoids antenna feeder going across the flat). NESDR Smart and Hamitup. For months this has been fine, but in the last two weeks it crashes within minutes of connecting, then spends another five mins working on a crash report. I've made a clean install of SDR Console, as well as C++ Runtime libraries.

These problems coincided with me getting a MSI.SDR (RSP1 clone) and installing SDRUNO. The home network couldn't handle the feed from this SDR, so I've switched back to the Nooelec kit for late evening SWL and monitoring 80/40/20. SDR uno and the clone are not running / connected at the same time.

BugTrap reports "SDR Console.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll" at 0033:0000000068F0C78E, memcpy()+1118 byte(s)"

Crash report ZIP file available at

Merlin
Attachments
sdr console bug trap.JPG

Simon G4ELI

Re: Repeated Crashing when connected to local server

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Quick questions:
  • What bandwidth do you start the server at?
  • What version of Console? If 3.0.24 I can analyse the crash dump.
Anyway, let me know the bandwidth you select and I'll see if I can reproduce this.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

M0MFX

Unread post by M0MFX »

Hi Simon, yes it's 3.0.24 crashing on my desktop.
When accessing the RTLSDR (NooElec) via the server it only gives me 2.8MHz or 2.75 MHz bandwidth to choose from - it crashes with either, and I'm sure there used to be more bandwidth options.

Thank you, Merlin

M0MFX

Unread post by M0MFX »

Just an aside, but I've been running the nooelec directly in my desktop for last 40 mins and no crashes.

Simon G4ELI

M0MFX wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:18 am Hi Simon, yes it's 3.0.24 crashing on my desktop.
When accessing the RTLSDR (NooElec) via the server it only gives me 2.8MHz or 2.75 MHz bandwidth to choose from - it crashes with either, and I'm sure there used to be more bandwidth options.

Thank you, Merlin
Exactly which server are you using, V3 Server or RTL Dongle TCP?
Attachments
ServerCrash.jpg
www.sdr-radio.com

m3ghe

Unread post by m3ghe »

If he has just installed the latest SDRUno he will now be running the latest version of the SDRplay API v3.07. Before that he would've been running v3.06.
I can't say I know of the difference when running the V3 SDR-Radio server as it is one of the things I didn't test. Maybe worth considering.
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

M0MFX

Unread post by M0MFX »

Hi Simon, I'm using the V3 server, have never tried connecting to a dongle over TCP

Simon G4ELI

M0MFX wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:22 pm Hi Simon, I'm using the V3 server, have never tried connecting to a dongle over TCP
I think I've found the bug, it's too hot & nice for coding :lol: !
www.sdr-radio.com