DX box in waterfall

Dave Cawley

DX box in waterfall

Unread post by Dave Cawley »

The "Weather 93.0 DX" box, how can I remove this. I have no idea why it appeared here ?

Also is their a manual for the software ? My screens are littered with spurious download invitations ?

Thanks Dave G4IUG

Dave Cawley

Re: DX box in waterfall

Unread post by Dave Cawley »

OK, sorted, just needed to turn RDS off !

Dave

Max

Unread post by Max »

Dave Cawley wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:58 pm Image
Also is their a manual for the software ? My screens are littered with spurious download invitations ?

Thanks Dave G4IUG
The most current version of anything resembling a manual is all on the excellent menu drop-downs at the top of Simon's main SDRC website page:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/

There's no written manual as such because the software is updated constantly by Simon. He's just one man working almost 100% of his time to improve SDRC so sometimes the "manual" takes a while to receive the latest updates.

I hesitate to mention it, because generally I don't find the ads on his site too intrusive and of course Simon gives this amazing software out for free, and as I say, just one man, so he does get some revenue from those ads, but you can install (I am using Chrome browser) Adblock Plus (ABP) and they all go away.

However, I would urge that if you are become in any way a regular user of SDRC then it's only fair to make a donation(s) to Simon. Most of us regular users are actually "serial donators". For me I treat SDRC as if it was a constantly updateable piece of hardware and Simon constantly responds to individual request for modifications to improve the software, almost certainly to the detriment of his own quality of life:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/download#Donate

Going back to the manual, if you are unclear of anything then the question has almost certainly been asked before, but there are many on here only too happy to lend our help. Actually you may not be aware there is another "older" forum that I would say is slightly more active than this one. Personally I check it a bit more regularly, and Simon is on there also:

https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/topics

Feel free to ask away!

Max

AussieLand

Unread post by AussieLand »

Dave Cawley wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:05 am OK, sorted, just needed to turn RDS off !

Dave
RDS? where do I find that in the console?

John VK4JRH
John. VK4JRH

mbott

Unread post by mbott »

It's in the View tab, Waterfall Extras panel.
--
Mike

AussieLand

Unread post by AussieLand »

Thanks for that Mike!
John. VK4JRH