audio port

dk1ri

audio port

Unread post by dk1ri »

I have a simple problem:

I want to listen the audio via the laptop speaker or send the audio data to a virtual audio cable to another program (easypal in my case)
Win10 show the console program connected to one of the outputs. May be, there is a way to connect to both; i am not very familiar with the win audio system.
or:
I am missing a knob to switch the one or the other. in V3.2.
Is there any help to find such a knob?
tnx
Guenter

Barry WB2ZXJ

Re: audio port

Unread post by Barry WB2ZXJ »

Hi Guenter,

You can select the output the SDR Console uses by using the audio drop down menu near the top left (see attached).
If you use your virtual audio cable (for easypal) and also run an Audio Repeater, you should have both.

Barry
WB2ZXJ
Attachments
Audio out.jpg

Max

Unread post by Max »

dk1ri wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:00 pm I have a simple problem:

I want to listen the audio via the laptop speaker or send the audio data to a virtual audio cable to another program (easypal in my case)
Win10 show the console program connected to one of the outputs. May be, there is a way to connect to both; i am not very familiar with the win audio system.

tnx
Guenter
To hear audio from SDRC when audio output from SDRC is sent to Virtual Cable, you need to "listen" to it in Windows "Audio Devices" panel.

Follow these instructions:

In the drop-down audio output selector shown by Barry in his earlier post, on the SDRC Audio RX DSP panel, select this to be your VAC.

Now you need to "listen" to the VAC input on your PC speakers/headphones by tick-box setting in Windows Audio Devices:

Press "Windows" key and then type "Run" to bring up the Run command. Now into the Run command type "mmsys.cpl" (without the exclamation marks) and press return then. The "Audio Devices" window should come up.

Now, in the "Recording" tab, select properties for "VAC Line 1" (or whatever VAC it is you want to use), then tick "Listen to this Device" in "Listen" tab. Now you can just leave VAC permanently selected in SDR Console audio out selector for sending to external programs, but simultaneously listen to it on your speakers.

Good luck

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

As Barry points out, you could also use Audio Repeater from Eugene Muzychenko.

Bit more fiddly to set up maybe. I used to like it but now I don't bother with it and just find the Windows "listen" option that I outlined earlier less fussy as I just leave it like that all the time.

But here is Audio Repeater of you want to play with it:

https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/repeater.htm

Max