Address for Cloud SDR in SDR Console

Larry N6NC

Re: Address for Cloud SDR in SDR Console

Unread post by Larry N6NC »

Hi Simon-
Attached scrn shot Shows my RF Space choice under SDRC "Radio Definitions," but when I try to load it I get the error window:
"Nothing found, sorry! No 'RF Space, Cloud-IQ, Cloud SDR, NetSDR, SDR-IP radios were found."
So I never got past that screen to load the automatic SDRC RFSpace definition. I don't know why.

SUCCESS!
After opening the outbound SDR Console UDP port:50000 in my computer, I got the Cloud SDR working by using my ADDed homebrew radio definition for the Cloud SDR to my SDRC Definitions. Using the Model "SDR-IP" for the Cloud SDR definition, here is how it reads, and it works:

"Cloud SDR SDR-IP 0-50MHz CS000131 192.168.4.31::50000 RFspace001"

I'm good now, except for requesting that the full date time group (yr:mo:dy:hr:mn:sec:fractional sec) be added to the .CSV file produced by the SDRC Continuum option. That makes large data file processing much easier and smoother.

Thanks for your help, and sorry to be a PIA.

Cheers, and 73, Larry N6NC
Attachments
Radio Def'n page scrnshot.docx
RF Space = No Def'ns. Def'ns for RF Space cannot be found.
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

Larry N6NC

Simon-
I forgot to send the Logfile now that SDRC is working with my custom Radio Definition for the RF Space Cloud SDR in SDRC.
It is attached.
73, Larry N6NC
Attachments
N6NC SDR Console logfile.txt
(165.24 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Larry N6NC

Re: Amplitude Calibration for Cloud SDR in SDR Console?

Hi Simon-
Quick question: Can the amplitude of RF CW signals be calibrated in SDR Console using the RF Space Cloud SDR?
I'm trying to use SDR Console to record calibrated CW signal strengths for propagation research, but there are no calibration IF Gain and RF Gain controls for the Cloud SDR like the version for SDR-IQ has.
73, Larry N6NC

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi,

Do you have the latest kit? Continuum supports ISO 8061 format. I don't have a Cloud SDR so can't comment about calibration I'm afraid.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Larry N6NC

Hi Simon-
For propagation study purposes, besides full date-time group, could you please add a column to the Continuum .csv file for the PEAK RF signal strength? This would allow better ability to identify with precision peak signal times, levels and duration. (For instance I watched the K Beacon on 40m last night and Continuum showed average signals of only
around -96dBm, when the peak signal indicators on the main screen showed signals as strong at -82dBm.
Thanks, and Cheers, Larry N6NC