Address for Cloud SDR in SDR Console

Larry N6NC

Address for Cloud SDR in SDR Console

Unread post by Larry N6NC »

I’m trying to connect my newer Cloud SDR to SDR Console, in additions to my SDR-IQ. Here are the set up definitions:

[X] CloudSDR CloudSDR 0 - 30 MHz CS000131 CloudSDR #CS000131::50000 RFspace001
[X] SDR-IQ SDR-IQ 0 - 30 MHz HV001078 SDR-IQ #HV001078 RFspace002

The SDR-IQ address was already in the drop-down menu for SDR Console ”Select Radio” menu. The SDR-IQ address works fine to set up in SDR Console, but not for the Cloud SDR.

The menus said the DLL choice was good for the RF Space SDRs, including Cloud SDR. So I tried to duplicate the needed Console SDR entries for the Cloud SDR, name, serial numbers, etc.

But when I try to chose the Cloud SDR in SDR Console, I get the error message:
"Error connecting to 'Cloud SDR #CS000131:50000'-
Error getting host info for 'Cloud SDR #CS000131'- No such host is known."

Is my format for the Cloud SDR incorrect for SDR Console? Any ideas?

73, Larry N6NC

KA1GJU

Re: Address for Cloud SDR in SDR Console

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Not quite clear in your post, but are you using the ADD button, not Search in the definitions to build the definition?

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
SDRCloud.png
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Larry N6NC wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:00 am I’m trying to connect my newer Cloud SDR to SDR Console, in additions to my SDR-IQ. Here are the set up definitions:

[X] CloudSDR CloudSDR 0 - 30 MHz CS000131 CloudSDR #CS000131::50000 RFspace001
[X] SDR-IQ SDR-IQ 0 - 30 MHz HV001078 SDR-IQ #HV001078 RFspace002

The SDR-IQ address was already in the drop-down menu for SDR Console ”Select Radio” menu. The SDR-IQ address works fine to set up in SDR Console, but not for the Cloud SDR.

The menus said the DLL choice was good for the RF Space SDRs, including Cloud SDR. So I tried to duplicate the needed Console SDR entries for the Cloud SDR, name, serial numbers, etc.

But when I try to chose the Cloud SDR in SDR Console, I get the error message:
"Error connecting to 'Cloud SDR #CS000131:50000'-
Error getting host info for 'Cloud SDR #CS000131'- No such host is known."

Is my format for the Cloud SDR incorrect for SDR Console? Any ideas?

73, Larry N6NC
Let's see the window. I've never used a Cloud SDR, it's possible that the API changed since the code was written.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Larry N6NC

Hi Simon-
In SDR Console Ribbon>View>Continuum, here is the dropdown menu re what radios the RFSPACE DLL covers (I can't copy the menu--it disappears when I try WIN 10 Screen Snip, so I've quoted it exactly):

View>Continuum>Radio Definitions>Search>RF SPACE>"CloudIQ, Cloud SDR, NetSDR, SDR-IP, SDR-IQ and SDR-14"

The SDR-IQ setup is not recognized for the Cloud SDR when I tried to apply it for the Cloud SDR.

Cheers, and 73, Larry N6NC

Larry N6NC

Hi Kriss-
Yes, I tried the RFSpace menu choice of radio definition which SDR Console Continuum would not recognize when I tried to connect the Cloud SDR.
Then I created a new ADD entry for radio definitions, using first the Cloud SDR's ID, S/N and #address, which SDR Console Continuum would not recognize.
Then I entered in ADD the Cloud SDR's ID, S/N with the SDR-IQ's #address, and that was not recognized by SDR Console's Continuum mode.
73, Larry N6NC

Simon G4ELI

Larry N6NC wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:01 pm Hi Simon-
In SDR Console Ribbon>View>Continuum, here is the dropdown menu re what radios the RFSPACE DLL covers (I can't copy the menu--it disappears when I try WIN 10 Screen Snip, so I've quoted it exactly):

View>Continuum>Radio Definitions>Search>RF SPACE>"CloudIQ, Cloud SDR, NetSDR, SDR-IP, SDR-IQ and SDR-14"

The SDR-IQ setup is not recognized for the Cloud SDR when I tried to apply it for the Cloud SDR.

Cheers, and 73, Larry N6NC
Why are you looking at Continuum? First step is to add the Cloud SDR as per this window
Add Cloud SDR.jpg

What happens when you try it - I really need to see screenshots / screengrabs.
www.sdr-radio.com

Larry N6NC

Simon-
Att 3 is a scrnshot of the Select Radio page within SDR Console. The SDR-IQ defn works fine and operates SDR Console.
The Cloud SDR definition connects Console to the Cloud SDR, turns it on, and Cloud SDR responds to commands like the RF Gain attenuator, but there is no movement on the SDR Console screen, no signs of anything. (I went back to try the RF Space def'ns in the list of Radio Definitions within Console, but when I click on it it says "Nothing found. Sorry.")

Att 2 is the address finder widget within Cloud SDR. Using the address in the white area got the Cloud SDR connected to Console as described above.

Att 1 is a scrn shot of the Cloud SDR set up page. Maybe that tells you something about why the Cloud SDR is only partially connecting to Console.

73, Larry N6NC
Attachments
Cloud SDR setup page.docx
(174.89 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Cloud SDR Set up addr finder.docx
(49.53 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
SDR Console Radio Def'ns.docx
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 18 times

Larry N6NC

Simon- Screenshots are attached again. The mail indicated they had been inserted but not uploaded, so I'm sending them again.
73, Larry N6NC
Attachments
N6NC's SDR Console Radio Defns.docx
(70.94 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Cloud SDR Set up addr finder.docx
(49.53 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Cloud SDR setup page.docx
(174.89 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Simon G4ELI

Larry,

Please do EXACTLY what I ask you here:

1) Add the Cloud SDR by using the Search option. Do not attempt to add the definition manually.
Add Cloud SDR.jpg
2) Attach a screenshot as an image of the definitions.
Radio Definitions.jpg
3) Start the Cloud SDR, add a screenshot of Console with the Ribbon Bar, Home panel visible so I can see the settings.
4) Attach the logfile https://www.sdr-radio.com/logfile.

(I do not want to know about the SDR-IQ, this is not relevant.)

Be sure you do not have a firewall blocking the UDP data stream from the Cloud SDR to Console.
www.sdr-radio.com

Larry N6NC

ROGER, WILCO.
Larry N6NC