Text size

WA0VLM

Text size

Unread post by WA0VLM »

Hello Simon and all,

I am just returning to the hobby and to this software, after spending most of the last two years in hospitals.

I am rusty. I have been unable to adjust either the software, or my video settings, to make the fonts and their sizes look the way they should. Some text is too small, the text on the left is too large and compresses with other choices. See attachment.

Any advice on fixing this -- it used to work fine in this regard -- would be so much appreciated, whether regarding the software or my system settings.

Cheers es 73

Tom, WA0VLM, EN34fx
Screenshot-2022-11-06-190253.jpeg

jdow

Re: Text size

Unread post by jdow »

The Windows Magnifier is the quickest fix. It is ugly but FAR quicker than Simon updating this aspect of the GUI, I suspect.
{^_^}

Max

Unread post by Max »

jdow wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:53 am The Windows Magnifier is the quickest fix. It is ugly but FAR quicker than Simon updating this aspect of the GUI, I suspect.
{^_^}
There is something else going on here I think Joanne? The DSP panel buttons spacing is corrupted. Incorrect setting somewhere in Windows I suspect, maybe an Accessibility feature? I've tried to replicate but I can't although I seem to remember seeing this before. Unfortunately I can't remember when!

Max

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Note the size of the Window's icons along the bottom (task bar), they are microscopic versus what I see normally on a Windows screen where they occupy 1/3 to 1/2 of the task bar.
Just my humble observation.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

Max

Unread post by Max »

KA1GJU wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:48 am Note the size of the Window's icons along the bottom (task bar), they are microscopic versus what I see normally on a Windows screen where they occupy 1/3 to 1/2 of the task bar.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
I am pretty sure this is a combination of Display zoom setting (4k monitor?), possibly Display resolution and Text size settings within the Windows settings, although I tried to replicate it and could not seem to. It's Win11 though by look of it and I am still on Win10.

Max
Last edited by Max on Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Max

Unread post by Max »

KA1GJU wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:48 am Note the size of the Window's icons along the bottom (task bar), they are microscopic versus what I see normally on a Windows screen where they occupy 1/3 to 1/2 of the task bar.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
I am pretty sure this is a combination of Display Scaling setting (4k monitor seems to be confirmed by pixel width in the attachment?), possibly Display resolution and Text size settings within the Windows settings, although I tried to replicate it and could not seem to. It's Win11 though by look of it and I am still on Win10. Maybe also "High DPI" compatibility settings. Hard to say without access to the machine. Maybe OP has tried to compensate very small icons etc on 4k monitor but not using the Win11 (and 10) Display Scaling setting which is the intended method?

What occurs to me is that maybe they tried to compensate for small text/icons/programs overall by changing the display driver monitor resolution setting instead of Windows Scaling setting? Something like that maybe?

Max

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

"High DPI" and "Windows Scaling setting?"

Good call.

{^_^}