Quick Access Toolbar

stevejerome

Quick Access Toolbar

Unread post by stevejerome »

Is it possible to have the ‘mode’ - USB, LSB etc. on the quick access toolbar ? I can’t find the ‘buttons/s to add if it is !

Thanks !

Steve Jerome

Max

Re: Quick Access Toolbar

Unread post by Max »

Hi Steve

At the moment it is only possible (AFAIK) to add commands from the Ribbon Bar into the Quick Access toolbar. So the nearest you can get is to add a button in QAT to enable/disable the DSP panel and then select the mode from there in the normal way, then click again to hide the DSP panel.

Sorry to ask, but why change mode in the QAT when it is available in the DSP panel? I guess you want to operate with DSP Panel normally closed for some reason?

One request I made to Simon a long time ago (by the way your post is in a slightly odd place - you posted in "Forums" which is more for questions about the actual Forum software itself - yours would be better in the "Requests" section) was for it to be possible to add keyboard shortcuts to any button or control in the GUI. So for example I would like to be able to allocate "U" to USB, "L" to LSB, A to AM etc.

I think it is maybe on Simon's "to do" list but quite likely a long way down!

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I could add an optional entry in the ribbon bar with modes, filters, preset audio filters but don't know if that's a good idea.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

stevejerome

Unread post by stevejerome »

Thanks for this Max ; I used the ‘Forums’ section because I was more asking a question not a ‘request’. I assumed the feature I was asking for was there, but I couldn’t see it !

But as it’s not, it is a ‘request’ now ! I don’t the DSP panel much (and so don’t have it visible), other than to change mode, so to do this with 1 click rather than 2 would be great. As you say, shortcut keys would also be a good solution.

Steve