Silly question maybe..scrolling changing frequency and the tx or rx dsp window also scrolls

Mag loop Simon

Silly question maybe..scrolling changing frequency and the tx or rx dsp window also scrolls

Unread post by Mag loop Simon »

As above but tx or rx dsp windows ( which are docked) also scrolls up and down at same time..

When it does this waterfall / spectrum freezes..

Does this with elad and hl2.

Sometimes its rx window, right now its tx window..

Sdrc v3.25

Thanks.

Simon G4ELI

Re: Silly question maybe..scrolling changing frequency and the tx or rx dsp window also scrolls

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I need screenshots please, it shouldn't freeze.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Mag loop Simon

Re: Silly question maybe..scrolling changing frequency and the tx or rx dsp window also scrolls

Sorry Simon I cant screenshot it..

Its not doing it now, but I know it will as has done many times. ( was 30 mins ago, but have restarted sdr’s.)

Also can not screenshot it when happens as using mouse scroll to wander across waterfall and wont allow me to click screenshot at same time.

When it does this, as in using mouse scroll to wander across waterfall the rx or tx dsp window scrolls up or down at same time. Either up or down depending upon scrolling direction..When the dsp window is scrolling the waterfall/ spectrum freezes untill dsp window reaches top or bottom..

Mag loop Simon

Mag loop Simon

Hi Simon

Its done it again..this time crashed sdrc..so cannot take screenshot

Ok all was good.was changing agc settings using left click mouse.
Then changed bands (40-80m)
Then went to scroll cross spectrum to listen across band.
But agc also scrolled across its settings as I scrolled across spectrum..then crashed..( after going though many agc settings.) agc settings were not under my control..

Elad duo ..v3.25..

Mag loop Simon

I can reproduce the fault

If scrolling across spectrum..then left click agc ( f m or slow) or nr 1 2 etc then put pointer back on spectrum and scroll.. frequency changes as expected BUT also does last thing i left clicked.ie agc etc..
Fine if i clicked say antenna 2..( no other options to change.)

Similar on tx dsp window..say i clicked dx mod mod, then it scrolls though normal dx other etc..

Note am using x mouse but just to change right click to tx..

Max

Unread post by Max »

So Simon....... (Mag Loop Simon that is)

I think I may be getting a small idea of what is going on (or part of it). I think it may be related to an issue I have with changing frequency using the keyboard arrow (cursor) keys. I don't use mouse scroll wheel. In fact I don't even have a mouse, but bear with me!

Problem:
You select a setting in the DSP panel (say it is AGC time, slow, medium or fast).

The problem is that the button panel you have just clicked in "latches", i.e it remains "active" for further input. So when you do mouse scroll, actually the AGC Speed button panel is still active, so when you scroll mouse, you not only change frequency, you also scroll through the AGC buttons? Same for other DSP panel functions (but see below).

Try the same thing with the keyboard cursor keys. You will see the same behaviour applies, i.e. the AGC buttons (or other setting using the "grey" buttons in DSP panel) remains active for input after selection.

The only answer I have found...... after input of the AGC Speed (or other grey) button has been input you need to "un-latch" control of those buttons so that further input of the scroll wheel (or cursor keys in my case) only affects frequency change and nothing else, so what I do is find a tick box in the DSP panel, and select then deselect it (Noise Blanker on/off for example). This has the effect of "releasing" the grey buttons from further selection, and now frequency can be freely manipulated.

Oddly the same behaviour/logic does not apply when selecting the "black" buttons on the DSP panel (filter width/mode for example).

I have queried this with Simon but I don't think he was able to change this behaviour, or it is native to Windows. Not sure which.

Actually I lied..... I do have a mouse with a scroll wheel (I just don't usually use it) and I just tried this out to try and provoke the behaviour you are seeing. Mine does not exhibit the same behaviour with the scroll wheel. It looks like for some reason your mouse wheel is mimicking the behaviour of the keyboard cursor keys. Maybe look at your mouse settings. You might have some accessibility feature turned on perhaps? That's my best guess anyway.

Sorry if I missed the point entirely and this is just some mindless ramble!

Best

Max

Mag loop Simon

Yes Max

That is exactly what is happening..even to unlatching with using say notch on off..

Mag loop Simon

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi again Simon (Mag)

Yes, it is odd for sure. What's strange is that even though I don't routinely use a mouse, when I do use mine with scroll wheel I don't see the behaviour you are seeing. I only see it when I use my beloved keyboard input and using cursor keys for frequency tuning (I prefer driving from the keyboard), so this leads me to think it is something to do with either the mouse driver or some aspect of the mouse settings.

For info my mouse is a Microsoft branded regular mouse, infrared (no ball) and two buttons with scroll wheel.

If I get time I will have a play with the settings on it to see if I can simulate your issue. No promises.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi once again Simon

I had about a 10 minute play with my Microsoft mouse and afraid I was unable to simulate the same issue on the mouse that you are experiencing. Sorry to report (well, glad to report I guess?) that it works perfectly, so what the problem is I am not at all sure. Can only guess some feature of your particular mouse and driver. Simon (G4ELI) may be able to throw more light on it if he reads this but sorry I cannot help further. Good luck!

Best

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Max wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:52 pm Hi once again Simon

I had about a 10 minute play with my Microsoft mouse and afraid I was unable to simulate the same issue on the mouse that you are experiencing. Sorry to report (well, glad to report I guess?) that it works perfectly, so what the problem is I am not at all sure. Can only guess some feature of your particular mouse and driver. Simon (G4ELI) may be able to throw more light on it if he reads this but sorry I cannot help further. Good luck!

Best

Max
Sounds like graphics resources to me, it's the sort of thing I need to experience myself.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!