v3 Initial Setup Display Help Needed

ArloG

v3 Initial Setup Display Help Needed

Unread post by ArloG »

Trying out the latest V3 with n IC-R8600 here.
Install went smooth. Upon launching the program I was able to get my radio to work.
But the screens are stacked and having lots of grief trying to get things arranged. I was the manual to try and sort things out but not much success.
I'd really like to make the initial screen to display just like the manual shows and instructions tell me.
I tried uninstalling, deleting the left over folders in Windows 10 Home. Reinstalled it. No difference.
From the attached image I'd like to only have the front screen up with one radio. How to get it setup like the manual says to?
How to delete the extra radios in the fore window? Yes, it's a bit confusing.
Attachments
Console.jpg

Max

Re: v3 Initial Setup Display Help Needed

Unread post by Max »

You have the RX Matrix Window open in the foreground. The main window is the top one. It's actually the other way around to what you suggest. You want the rear window open (the main program window) so take focus to that one (the rear window). Select the Receive tab on the top Ribbon Bar, the "un-press" (deselect) the big "Matrix" button top left of window.

That gets you back to "normal". On the same tab in the main window, now select the "DSP" button (near the Matrix button). That gets the main DSP panel back on left of main window.

That pretty much does it. In general, to arrange windows, click and drag the menu bar of that window, then drag. A big four way arrow comes up. Drop cursor over the position you want it in.

Matrix window that you currently have at the front is primarily for display of multiple receivers simultaneously. Works particularly well with multiple monitors. Which monitor it is displayed on is selected top right.

Good luck.

Max

Max

Re: v3 Initial Setup Display Help Needed

Unread post by Max »

More help on layout:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/LayoutPanes

Max