3.17 and 3.25 versios together first overview

ZachLiangas

3.17 and 3.25 versios together first overview

Unread post by ZachLiangas »

The 3.0.25 has been installed in a new folder retaining the older 3.0.17 in its folder. The installation was very simple and faster thean the nominal It seems that all parameters form the 3.17 were transferred by itself to the new version
Now the mysterious : while the older version still remains in its folder the identity #2 new works under 3.025.
I had seen nay a few differences between thee older and he newer version . In the first there was clipping on the audio now there are some minimal audio time outs or bad but minimum clusters of audio
Second funny : If I use the 3.0.17 instance and then start to 3.025 it will be in the same frequency! This made the video recording button been removed from the quick access on 3.0.25
The spectrum analyzer seems to be slower than the older version! This effected also the older version. I think that both programs share the same database.

My most interesting is the video capture that worked too funny .
1.As with the screenshot I expected to see just grabbing from the window isolating the ‘external’ toolbox The funniest of all was screen grabbing instead of window grabing that is. if by error another program is instantly showed in front of SDRC window it is also recorded!
2. the screen grab is not very accurately trimmed showing also a few pixels outside the frame!
3. if by chance the window is dragged by the mouse the video is stopped. (good and bad )
In general I like the usage of the pointer circle, and the transparency of mouse, levels of compression and levels of frames from 20 to 40 I now use the 20 frames 20% compression that is quite good for sharing.
I already used it to send a v-log to a radio station who immediately responded me !

Simon G4ELI

Re: 3.17 and 3.25 versios together first overview

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I’ve been busy this week. The closest you’ll come to your goal is to install in two separate folders and use two different identities.

Video records a portion of the screen, not a program window, so if the window is dragged or resized the recording stops as the recorded region is no longer valid.

A screenshot is able to copy the contents of a window.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!