Cross checking 3017 and 3025 in esparate instances

ZachLiangas

Cross checking 3017 and 3025 in esparate instances

Unread post by ZachLiangas »

The 3.0.25 has been installed in a new folder retaining the older 3.0.17 in its folder. The installation was very simple and faster than before and in the end most parameters were transferred by itself to the new version

Now the mysterious : v3.025 works as second identity removing the older settings . 3.017 is still on the #1 identity
I had seen only a few differences in the layout and buttons additions between thee older and he newer version . In the first there was clipping on the audio now there are some minimal audio time outs or bad but minimum audio clusters.

Second funny : 3.0.17 instance and 3.025 instances use the same layout frequency and spectrum parameters
Once some buttons are added in the 3025 they are removed back to the 3017

The spectrum analyzer seems to be slower than the older version! This effected also the older version. I think that both programs share the same database.

A. even with the step operation once clicking at a freq in the spectrum analyzer its shown the exact frequency at hertz levels without to get rounded as previously . I need to lost sometime to get it rounded (bug? )
b. the signal readouts in the S meter do not correspond as previously with the signal of the analyzer’s levels There are variations of more than10-15 db Fortunately I have made a new instance (#3)that totally separates between the others and providing the proper signal indications!
Just one video posted in youtube that shows both problems with snap activated at 1kHz

and
the SDR is an Airspy HF+Discovery

My most interesting is the video capture that worked too funny where window below is the SDRC window
1.Although i expected a window shot as it worked with the screenshot , videograb is only a screen grabbing instead of window grabbing. that means if momentarily another window is layered in front of Console appears in the video
2. there is an out-window frame by less than 10 pixels (??)
3. if by chance the window is dragged by the mouse the video is stopped. (good )

In general I like the two mouse options - circled or transparent- levels of compression and levels of frames
I preferred to use 20 frames instead of 40 with 20% compression
I already used this feature to send a v-log to a radio station who immediately responded me !