Griffin PowerMate USB Controller

skyking_comms

Griffin PowerMate USB Controller

Unread post by skyking_comms »

After watching this video of a Griffin PowerMate being used with SDRUno I thought I'd purchase one and try it with SDR Console -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cv1vXkC1I&feature=youtu.be

My setup is different as I have my SDR connected to a remote PC which runs SDR Console.
I use my laptop with Windows Remote Desktop to connect to the remote PC. The Griffin is connected via USB to my laptop.

All I want to do with the PowerMate wheel is move around the band like a traditional receiver.
But.. I have yet to find out how to do this.

There are 2 applications I can choose in PowerMate editor when accessing via my laptop. Global Setting and mstsc (windows remote desktop).
Unfortunately I can't add SDR Console as an application in the PowerMate editor as it's running on the remote desktop.

Welcome any ideas or even just knowing what settings I need to choose to move left and right in SDR Console so I can tune across the band.
The other option appears to be key presses - so if anyone knows what the key presses are for moving left and right that might help.

Thanks

skyking_comms

Re: Griffin PowerMate USB Controller

Nearly there - in fact I got it working once but now it's stopped :cry:

I now see the problem - in SDR Console you have to use the mouse wheel to move across the band via the spectrum analyser
(didn't realise this as there's no wheel on my laptop touchpad)

In PowerMate there are these options for mouse and scrolling

Mouse - Left Click, Double Click, Middle Click, Right Click, Cursor Left, Cursor Right, Cursor Up, Cursor Down
Scrolling - Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Scroll Left, Scroll Right

I think the problem is very basic - I need a way of being able to click on the spectrum analyser so SDR Console knows that this means I want to scroll left or scroll right or tune across the band.
At the moment when I click on the spectrum analyser it brings up a double dashed line which I can move left or right but the frequency (solid line on the analyser) isnt moving.
So how do I click on the analyser so it knows that I want to tune across the band?

Hopefully an easy answer - but it's tricky when you are doing this from a remote PC which doesnt have a mouse wheel

skyking_comms

I found a mouse with a wheel to test and now see what I need - a keyboard command that replicates mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down
I can then add the keyboard command to the PowerMate control to replicate a mouse wheel.

Does anyone know whether there's a Microsoft key press on a laptop that emulates a mouse wheel

Thanks

skyking_comms

I will answer my own question in the hope it helps someone else. The up and down keys on the keyboard move the dial across the band. So in the PowerMate editor you choose the direction you wand to move the controller and choose 'send keys' followed by the up or down key. Job done!

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi. Just to clarify, it's left-right cursor keys on the keyboard for "single-step" tuning (set per mode) and up-down cursor keys are "Step x10" for rapid tuning.

Hope it helps. Good conversation you having with yourself but keep going as is all useful info!

Best

Max

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

not sure if this will work, maybe it's worth having a further look at this: https://www.flexihub.com/