HRD does not respond after adding a second receiver to SDR Console

User3106

HRD does not respond after adding a second receiver to SDR Console

Unread post by User3106 »

A problem I have recently come across (after moving from a Windows 7 to a new Windows 10 PC) is that HRD (which I use for logging only) does not respond after adding a second receiver to SDR Console. Things work perfectly fine if I continuously move a single receiver around to different frequencies. The connection to my rig (SDR Console to rig using Omnirig) shows a very crisp and fast response. HRD also follows the frequency well, though a bit more sluggishly.

As soon as I add a second receiver in the SDR Console, HRD stops responding. The Omnirig connection remains quick.

I am using the latest versions of SDR Console, HRD, vspMgr and Windows 10. Would very much like this functionality, or perhaps suggestions for a new logbook to replace HRD in this instance.

Welcoming all suggestions and advice!

m3ghe

Re: HRD does not respond after adding a second receiver to SDR Console

Unread post by m3ghe »

I run a similar setup and don't have that issue.
Maybe a VSP issue?
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

User3106

What do you use for your VSP?

User3106

Well I just noticed that HRD dopes NOT lockup. When you add a second or more receivers in the in the receive pane, this becomes a sub-frequency in HRD. The initial receiver remains the main frequency and each additional receiver as selected becomes the sub-frequency in HRD. You can choose to have the sub-frequency saved into the log database but I don't know how the actual frequency used in SDR Console can be identified. There is no way I know of to swap main and sub in HRD.

So at least there is no communication problem with virtual serial ports, but frequency ID becomes at bit more complicated.

User3106

The solution to this problem which works fine for my needs is to not use HRD at all. Since all I was using it for was for logging, I found the Log4OM works great.