crash updating SDR-Radio

nhpdxr

crash updating SDR-Radio

Unread post by nhpdxr »

Here's a porker for you Simon. Trying to update V3.0.3 to the latest version. No go, they say:

7dxr.com/4SDR-radio/SDRConsole_error_report_201111-200214.zip

Nick

Simon G4ELI

Re: crash updating SDR-Radio

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Nick,

How far did you get? I assume you installed 3.0.25, started and got a crash?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Simon G4ELI

This should get you going: https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset.
www.sdr-radio.com

nhpdxr

Unread post by nhpdxr »

I'm not having any success yet, plus the same problem has occurred on another computer with more "grunt", as you say.

User0 has been deleted from the registry, and files from local storage...do I need to reboot the computer as well?

Thanks,

Nick

nhpdxr

Unread post by nhpdxr »

Just noticed your earlier mail about running 3.0.25. In fact, I never got that far; I would start the old version, it would start downloading the new version (I guess), and then the crash would occur, before 3.0.25 was ever installed

I'm not sure, but disabling autostart in the registry seemed to mean that when trying to start the old version, it no longer tried to download the updated version, so I had to do that manually. There were then no problems with the download or the installation. So 3.0.25 is now working, thank you.

Nick

Simon G4ELI

nhpdxr wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:46 pm Just noticed your earlier mail about running 3.0.25. In fact, I never got that far; I would start the old version, it would start downloading the new version (I guess), and then the crash would occur, before 3.0.25 was ever installed

I'm not sure, but disabling autostart in the registry seemed to mean that when trying to start the old version, it no longer tried to download the updated version, so I had to do that manually. There were then no problems with the download or the installation. So 3.0.25 is now working, thank you.

Nick
Ah - thanks, a very odd situation. Glad it's working.
www.sdr-radio.com